What's new

YazFi YazFi v4.x - continued

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Has this developer version overwritten the old 4.4.5, or has the fix been added to the old 4.4.5? I've been running the 4.4.5 for ages, so long now I can't remember why 🤭

Has this developer version overwritten the old 4.4.5, or has the fix been added to the old 4.4.5? I've been running the 4.4.5 for ages, so long now I can't remember why 🤭
I assume you would need to reinstall (i.e. pulled down an updated version of) the 4.4.5 developer version to get the scroll bar fix for the 386.14 firmware since the pull request with the fix was initiated by Martinski a few days ago.

Using the great advice given here, I've created multiple IPtable exceptions that I've put into the myscripts.sh file.

What is the proper syntax to add my own comment line within the file, just so I can keep track of what each exception is for?

#? Or ##?

I found this tutorial, but this seems very different from what I need:
See the following link which has an example (information is from 2018 so take it for what it's worth):
https://github.com/RMerl/asuswrt-merlin.ng/wiki/Iptables-tips

Appears you can use a single # at the start of the comment line/text in the custom script.

I updated to 4.4.5 and it made things worse for me. Devices that used to be accessible via LAN only while internet was disabled became inaccessible. I had to go back to 4.4.4 and issue went away right away.

Devices that used to be accessible via LAN only while internet was disabled became inaccessible.
It may help if you post your YazFi configuration. Can you provide more detail about what "accessible via LAN only while internet was disabled" means? Are you using any custom firewall scripting? If so what is the script? Did you try rebooting the router after updating YazFi?

How did you update to the 4.4.5 develop? Did you update to 4.4.5 develop by running the following on the router via SSH or by some other method?
Code:
/jffs/scripts/YazFi develop
/jffs/scripts/YazFi forceupdate

/jffs/scripts/YazFi develop

/jffs/scripts/YazFi forceupdate
That's is how I updated to 4.4.5.

For example, this is wifi network for my cameras. As you can see, internet is disabled, but I can still view them on their respective smartphone app LAN only.
But, if I update to 4.4.5, it breaks the connection and I am not able to view them anymore on the app..only one becomes available.

I don't use any firewall rules on YazFi.

1723396742728.png

But, if I update to 4.4.5, it breaks the connection and I am not able to view them anymore on the app..only one becomes available.
To confirm the router is not 192.168.2.1, correct?
What is at IP address 192.168.2.1? If something like Pi-Hole or similar, check it's settings to ensure it's properly configured and not blocking the YazFi clients.
Each YazFI IP address range has to be unique and not the same as the routers LAN IP address range.
Doesn't seem to make sense if all access to the YazFi connected cameras is blocked, but you can still access one camera but not others. Check the camera settings, if you can, to ensure they are receiving the correct IP address from YazFi.

The router is 192.168.1.1. The cameras are receiving the IP range within the 192.168.2.x network, they just become inaccessible when using 4.4.5. As soon as I went back to 4.4.4, it fixes the issue right away.
I don't make any changes to the camera settings or any other settings.. I simply update and that's it, so it should work the same whether I'm on 4.4.4 or 4.4.5, but for some reason, it doesn't like 4.4.5. Something is blocking some of the connections... but anyway, since I don't have any issue with the 4.4.4, I will stay on that version.

The only issue I've always had is with the IoTs. The IoT devices do not work at all unless I enable Internet access to them, but it was determined that the issue was with these types of IoTs requiring internet access in order for them to function.

I only tried updating to v4.4.5 to see if that would take care of the issue with the IoTs, but it didn't, but then I noticed the security cameras became inaccessible where that was never an issue for me....so I went back to 4.4.4 and all is well... except the IoTs, but I will have to learn to live with that for now.

And yes, I've tried in the past the YazFi firewall from Github to see if that enabled access to the IoTs, but it never worked for me.
The IoTs on are on a different network, 192.168.3.1.