What's new

Zen ET9 random disconnects help

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

shibbyshagy

Occasional Visitor
I have a new ET9 from Asus with 2 nodes. When on google meetings or using XBOX I'm randomly disconnected for 10-15 seconds. The ping to google.com will show timeouts and then will reconnect. This happens when I'm wired or wireless connected to the main router node which is attached to my modem.
It happens on 2.4g, 5g and 6g. I've also separated the bands per Asus recommendation but still an issue.

I don't have any issues when connected directly to the modem. My previous router Linksys MR9000 also did NOT have this issue even if I were to switch back today.
Asus support has been on this for 3 weeks and their "fixes" don't work. What could be a fix for this? Doesn't seem to happen on iphones or Firesticks.

My Linksys at $100 is 10x better for wifi delivery vs a $600 mesh. only good thing about ET9 is the signal strength and its 6ghz bsckhaul to use on 2nd floor.

Any ideas to random drops and ping loss?

There's isn't much in the log to go by and when it does disconnect at random times its not in the log either.
Funny enough, I did make a change yesterday after comparing an older Asus' parameters against the ET9 regarding "XBOX" so I disabled the 802.11ax/Wifi 6 mode off and maybe this did the trick. I had no disconnects today during several google meetings, and kids XBOX is working as well with no disconnects either.
What is interesting is that my 5 Ghz channel bandwidth is still 20/40/80/160 Mhz, channel 153 with Auto select channel including DFS channel is checked as well. I thought for sure the issue was maybe the 5 Ghz channel having also 160 Ghz set but I guess not.

I just hope this doesn't last for 3-4 days like it did when it was initially setup.

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!