What's new

Zyxel NBG5715

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

And its pretty much no better than the other crop of current routers. Arguably more reliable, but not better performance.

Huh?
Reliable? The Zylex I got from Newegg was not. 5GHz radio was going up and down like yoyo almost every hour for 3 days I had it. It was good when working. Returned it eating the cost of shipping. Glad I got hold of ASUS RT-N66U which is our main router at home. The initial Java script problem with English was just little pain which was not a big deal. Now with .96 f/w, it is just chugging along meeting needs of my family.

This router on the surface looks like it may blow every other router out of the water according to the advertising Zyxel is displaying. It appears to be a brand new model and is quite pricey, about 185.00 street price. Looked at the Users Guide and it was quite detailed. Hopefully once a few reviews are up this will turn out to be at least half as good as Zyxel claims it is. If it is I'm in!:D

Hi,
I picked one up when Newegg sold them around Christmas. It quit in less than a week. 5GHz radio died. Did not even had enough time to put it thru it's paces.
When I returned it for replacement, they gave me refund and I noticed Newegg quit selling it. I had to eat return shipping cost and my first experience with Zyxel was not that good. Instead I got ASUS RT-N66 which I like.

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!

Staff online