What's new

Amazon has r7000 a few $ cheaper!

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I can't, myself, rationalize spending more than $75 for a more than adequate WiFi router. Money spent on features I'd not use.
But then, I don't by BMWs either! :p

I was at Frys yesterday (Thur) and they have it on sale for 199.00. Plenty of stock at this location. In todays Frys ad, it is officially selling for 199.00. Great deal.
Finally Netgear has posted this router on their website.

NETGEAR R7000

I know some members were worried about long term support..no more worries:D
Open Source WRT Firmware

It has been $199.99 since launch so this is not a sale.

Not a week ago, price was 219.99. Just went back today for the price adjustment 19.99 +tax, back to me :D.
Returned the Netgear A6200 USB adapter and bought Asus PCE-AC68 card. Installed it and been testing the wireless speed.

I was at Frys yesterday (Thur) and they have it on sale for 199.00. Plenty of stock at this location. In todays Frys ad, it is officially selling for 199.00. Great deal.
Finally Netgear has posted this router on their website.

NETGEAR R7000

I know some members were worried about long term support..no more worries:D
Open Source WRT Firmware
Well good luck , hope the router works well and it's supported for a long time . I used netgear products for years and they were solid , maybe this is the point where the turn things around , hope so , that is an expensive router , should be good for YEARS .

Well good luck , hope the router works well and it's supported for a long time . I used netgear products for years and they were solid , maybe this is the point where the turn things around , hope so , that is an expensive router , should be good for YEARS .

I thought so too w/my R6300 and now its useless. LAN ports drop packets constantly.