What's new

Amplifi Alien

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Aren't Ubiquity one of those companies who took you off their Christmas cards list due to a past unfavorable review of one of their products? :)
I had that sorted at one point. But guess I got back on their "other" list again.
They're an odd company to deal with anyway.

I've been using my Amplifi Alien for nearly a year now and so far it's been rock solid. I haven't ran any speed tests besides the initial ones reported here, but I haven't had any problems with speed, range or disconnects. I have enabled the 5GHz 4x4 AC band and I've connected my main computer to it, while all other wireless devices are connected to the AX bands. Transfer speeds between devices seem pretty close to having a wired 1Gbit connection, which was the goal and I'm happy. Having to use my phone for accessing the router's settings turned out to work fine and they keep rolling firmware updates on regular basis (although no 160Mhz bandwidth yet). I'm not sure if there is a good reason to get an AX router at this time, and even less this one in particular, but at least so far it does seem to function reliably.

Just ordered the Alien to replace my Linksys EA9300. I was torn between this and the Asus Ax11000, but finally decided to opt for stability over speed. Hoping it has the range of my old router, guess we’ll find out.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!