What's new

Asus RT-AC68U v3.0.0.4.384.20942 2018/05/21

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

o-l-a-v

Regular Contributor
Changelog
https://www.asus.com/Networking/RTAC68U/HelpDesk_BIOS/
ASUS RT-AC68U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.384.20942
- Improved system stability.
- Improved AiMesh performance.
- Fixed XSS vulnerability. Thanks to Yonghui Han of Fortinet's FortiGuard Labs.
- Fixed CVE-2018-8877, CVE-2018-8878, CVE-2018-8879
- Fixed plain text password vulnerability in lighttpd.
- Modified Quick Internet Setup wizard process.
- Main SSID and guest network can hide independently.
- Fixed OpenVPN client authentication issues.
- Administrator can asisgn specific WAN interface to register DDNS in dual wan load balance mode.
- Fixed OpenVPN client DNS related issues.

Please unzip the firmware file first then check the MD5 code.
MD5: 3b357de8f37d79dd132fd77b191b2511

Download
http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/wireless/RT-AC68U/FW_RT_AC68U_300438420942.ZIP
File name: FW_RT_AC68U_300438420942.ZIP

Last edited:
still same issues with the wifi log list i reported in 624 and and 648 with media bridge

upload_2018-5-23_2-36-37.png

upload_2018-5-23_2-37-58.png

if i put 308 back on, the wifi macs report rates correctly on both and the lan mac doesn't appear in the wireless log of the ac88u

Just realised, the 2.4ghz and Lan use the same mac, so the rates are being updated against the wrong wifi o_O

Last edited:
Same issue here with mediabridge mode since Aimesh stuff.
My opinion is :
They are never going to repair the MediaBridge mode, they are aware of the problem. What Asus wants is that you buy another Asus router to make AIMESH.
They know the problems since the month of January, this has been reported several times and it is still not settled

https://www.asus.com/us/Networking/RTAC68U/HelpDesk_Download/

68U changelog found under Windows 8.1 64-bit:

ASUS RT-AC68U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.384.20942

- Improved system stability.
- Improved AiMesh performance.
- Fixed XSS vulnerability. Thanks to Yonghui Han of Fortinet's FortiGuard Labs.
- Fixed CVE-2018-8877, CVE-2018-8878, CVE-2018-8879
- Fixed plain text password vulnerability in lighttpd.
- Modified Quick Internet Setup wizard process.
- Main SSID and guest network can hide independently.
- Fixed OpenVPN client authentication issues.
- Administrator can asisgn specific WAN interface to register DDNS in dual wan load balance mode.
- Fixed OpenVPN client DNS related issues.

Please unzip the firmware file first then check the MD5 code.

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/wireless/RT-AC68U/FW_RT_AC68U_300438420942.ZIP

My opinion is :
They are never going to repair the MediaBridge mode, they are aware of the problem. What Asus wants is that you buy another Asus router to make AIMESH.
They know the problems since the month of January, this has been reported several times and it is still not settled
So Media Bridge is a no go? Or is it just when using the node as a bridge? I'm about to reset a couple nodes to straight up bridges with no AiMesh because I'm tiring of constant disconnects of clients that then need to be rebooted to get connected again.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

So Media Bridge is a no go? Or is it just when using the node as a bridge? I'm about to reset a couple nodes to straight up bridges with no AiMesh because I'm tiring of constant disconnects of clients that then need to be rebooted to get connected again.

I'm testing stability presently, i had the 6xx versions rebooting the 68U when in media bridge, the logging error is just resulting in not getting accurate client tx/rx rates.

My node is updated from main router gui, and work ok.

still same issues with the wifi log list i reported in 624 and and 648 with media bridge

Ah, so I'm not the only one using an AC68U as a media bridge and having trouble! I have only one client connected to eth2 and have to restart the media bridge every one-to-two days to re-establish connectivity with the primary wireless AP (another AC68U). This has been true since I started using the AC68U as a media bridge with firmware 3.0.0.4.384.20648 and still is true with 3.0.0.4.384.20942.

hmm haven't seen that yet with 942 MDMower, i did find after the update the wifi wasn't working at all, prompting having to return to Router mode and back to media bridge.

Ah, so I'm not the only one using an AC68U as a media bridge and having trouble! I have only one client connected to eth2 and have to restart the media bridge every one-to-two days to re-establish connectivity with the primary wireless AP (another AC68U). This has been true since I started using the AC68U as a media bridge with firmware 3.0.0.4.384.20648 and still is true with 3.0.0.4.384.20942.
Is there an advantage (or even a difference) between using the router as a media bridge vs an AiMesh node? Excluding the set-up hassle :)
I suppose the big downside on the node is you don't get the media server USB shares on the local node. But I moved them to my main router.

As Media bridge, it will give connectivity to its' connected devices by wire only.

As AiMesh node, it will also act as a AP.

I'm using my AC68U as Media Bridge mainly because I have no admin access to the router I get my internet connectivity from.

Is this update safe for the converted RT-ac68?
Yup. I have an RT-AC3100 Router with two TM-AC68U's and one RT-AC68U Node flashed this morning with no issues thus far. I still have 3 nodes and they're all on 942 f/w as is the Router itself.

So I installed this firmware on my RT-AC68U and now my mesh doesn't work. Not only that but it is no longer even an option in the menu. What happened?

I am currently on the one listed in this thread 3.0.0.4.384_20942-ge38bead
I was on 3.0.0.4.384.20648

I have not done a factory reset yet but with the aimesh not even listed on the admin page im not sure if that will do anything

I am currently on the one listed in this thread 3.0.0.4.384_20942-ge38bead
I was on 3.0.0.4.384.20648

I have not done a factory reset yet but with the aimesh not even listed on the admin page im not sure if that will do anything
Well I'd do a settings backup, then try an nvram erase. If that doesn't do it you can roll back to 20648 and restore the settings. At least then you'll still have AiMesh.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!