What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 380.57 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

hey for some reason i have lost the drop down selection for the 2.4ghz wifi on my rt-ac68p? i can still click the ssid name at the top and edit settings but even in the config page the drop down says 5ghz?
seem to be having issues with 2.4ghz being able to initiate connections as well; it is on 20mhz channel bandwidth so its not that.

My apologies if this has been asked (I looked thru the thread and didn't see it), but does this firmware solve the 5G battery drain issue?

Thank you!

Please remind me the minimum Asus and Merlin firmware version you must use to come back from john9527's fork on an AC68U. I can't find the posts I've seen with this information in. Does this also apply to the N66U?

Last edited:
Have envy 5530 too and have no issue. I configured the envy to have static ip. From router assigned the static ip to printer'so MAC. Rebooted router and printer.
both done, nothing works.
and as I mentioned before, after firmware downgrade everything works fine. so something to do with the firmware

Have envy 5530 too and have no issue. I configured the envy to have static ip. From router assigned the static ip to printer'so MAC. Rebooted router and printer.

also assigned static, printer is now visible but still not able to connect and no scanning/printing works

on AC68U after update to RT-AC68U_380.57_0 stop connect playstation and lg TV over 2.4 gz wi-fi

comeback to RT-AC68U_378.56_2 solved case its ok ?

I updated to 380.57 and - though I did flash to Asus fw first, did a factory reset and installed Merlin - I am running into problems:
- the GUI is unresponsive and I have to reload it in the browser repeatedly. E.g. adding a new port can take 30 minutes with trying and retrying ...
- most of the time the Network Map doesn't show the WAN IP and the DDNS
- it doesn't show the list of clients

See attached images ... I have already spent hours with flashing and re-flashing - what am I missing?

Attachments

• merlin1.jpg
    merlin1.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 374
  • merlin2.jpg
    merlin2.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 517
Last edited:
I updated to 380.57 and - though I did flash to Asus fw first, did a factory reset and installed Merlin
Do a factory reset AFTER installing the new firmware and reconfigure MANUALLY! ;)
Doing it before installing the new firmware is completely useless! :eek:

And: Never restore setting from on FW fork to another one - always reconfigure it manually (or at least use John's NVRAM Backup/Restore tool to restore only the user settings - no system stettings)! :rolleyes:

Do a factory reset AFTER installing the new firmware and reconfigure MANUALLY! ;)
Doing it before installing the new firmware is completely useless! :eek:

And: Never restore setting from on FW fork to another one - always reconfigure it manually (or at least use John's NVRAM Backup/Restore tool to restore only the user settings - no system stettings)! :rolleyes:

Did a factory reset and I am now stuck on the start screen (see attachement). Cannot do anything else from here ... still connected to the Internet though. Did I brick it???

Ok, I am back in. So I should set everything up from scratch? shall I use the latest firmware or rather go back to where I was 376.48_3 - ? this will take me hours to re-enter everything manually ...

Attachments

• merlin4.jpg
    merlin4.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 327
Last edited:
on AC68U after update to RT-AC68U_380.57_0 stop connect playstation and lg TV over 2.4 gz wi-fi

comeback to RT-AC68U_378.56_2 solved case its ok ?
I run into this all the time on PS3 and WiiU. Go to Firewall and enable Respond Ping Request from WAN. Also, make sure Hide SSID is disabled on 2.4 wireless.

376.48_3 is OLD OLD old old!!!!! 378.56_2 should be a good choice for you if you fear to retry 380.57 :)
So I should set everything up from scratch?= yes

re-trying 380.57,
376.48_3 is OLD OLD old old!!!!! 378.56_2 should be a good choice for you if you fear to retry 380.57 :)
So I should set everything up from scratch?= yes

Thanks - did go to 378.56_2 and set everything up from scratch. Still in my gym outfit, as I wanted to work out this morning. Well, did this instead :rolleyes:.

thought I'd chime in and say I had similar issues with the 2.4ghz band and upnp (AC-68U). Reverting back to 378.56_2 for the time being.

thought I'd chime in and say I had similar issues with the 2.4ghz band and upnp (AC-68U). Reverting back to 378.56_2 for the time being.

I am now at 378.56_2 and everything seems to be working, but I still have problems with the GUI not loading completely, respectively having to reload it repeatedly ...

Attachments

• merlin9.jpg
    merlin9.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 719
I am now at 378.56_2 and everything seems to be working, but I still have problems with the GUI not loading completely, respectively having to reload it repeatedly ...
Howdy,
unplug your router for a minute. Turn off your computer. Turn on the router and let it sit for at least 5 minutes before you attempt to connect and configure it. Start your computer and clear your browser cache. Things working better? they probably are :)

I think I have detected a strange behavior with Link Aggregation with 380.57 that does not show on the alpha buid of AC5300, when using merlin build my synology fans allways go to full speed, with alpha from Asus this behavior is not present, the only change is the firmware, also sometimes I have to disconnect one of the cables of the Link Aggregation on the router side to acess the AC5300.

The two lags are independent, Synology active LAG 2, and AC5300 Passive LAG 1, the two are connected to the TP-Link SG3424.

So for now using AC5300 alpha build 9.0.0.4.380_1680, and appears to be very stable, MU-Mimo desabled, as only have one computer that has the tech, and sometimes not here.

On which latest fw from merlin works samba's share autostart after boot/reboot?
Samba sharing works on .56 and .57 version like charm on my routers (see footer incl. AC68U)! :rolleyes:

Samba sharing works on .56 and .57 version like charm on my routers (see footer incl. AC68U)! :rolleyes:
Thx, can you wrote full version please? Because on 380.57_0 and 378.56_2 samba not works on start/reboot of router (AC68U, hdd ext4) - only after restart service throught web-interface...

Howdy,
unplug your router for a minute. Turn off your computer. Turn on the router and let it sit for at least 5 minutes before you attempt to connect and configure it. Start your computer and clear your browser cache. Things working better? they probably are :)
Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!