What's new

Release Asuswrt-Merlin 388.2 is now available for select models

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahh okay, so it's a no-go for the AX92U then?
There was a Merlin fork provided by Gnuton....although not sure if v388.x is still being developed?

There was a Merlin fork provided by Gnuton....although not sure if v388.x is still being developed?

I think ax92u is not a dsl router (?)

I think this is for the RT-AX82U not the RT-AX92U.

Thanks brother, I'll give that a spin in the morning.
On reload, I omitted one script.
I formatted the usb on the pc before remounting on the router and second format there.

I think this was caused overall by the new entware updates in the the middle of betas, but not sure.

I have been researching about replacing the stock firmware of my Asus RT-AX92U with asuswrt-merlin. I couldn't find the right match for my AX92U, but since 388.2 is available for wifi 6 models, i figured this might be the one to work with.
See the Asus-Merlin about page for Asus-Merlin supported routers.
https://www.asuswrt-merlin.net/about

The RT-AX92U is not supported by Asus-Merlin. However, the Gnuton fork of Asus-Merlin does list the RT-AX92U as being supported under that firmware fork.
https://gnuton.github.io/asuswrt-merlin.ng/

Hi,
Major issue after upgrading my RT-AX86U with all my OpenVPN clients .... after having removed an invalid ncp-disable parameter, the client starts but seems to be in a loop and restarting after a few second. By hazard I found that compression parameter that used to be disabled or none MUST now be set to lzo-adaptive and then everyting seems to be working .... Any ideas ??
Thanks,
Gs

Last edited:
I think this is for the RT-AX82U not the RT-AX92U.
1681391068533.png

Hi, if undertand this release is the same like the beta 2?, its correct or have any change more them previos release beta 2?.

That did the trick! Weird, I've never had to do unmount the USB device before.
That is actually standard practice during firmware updates

Wow, exactly the same day of Asus releasing 388.23012. We will never feel abandoned
Thank you @RMerlin

Hi, if undertand this release is the same like the beta 2?, its correct or have any change more them previos release beta 2?.
One can compare the Changelog-NG.txt files (from each firmware) themselves to see if anything has changed. For example; it appears the 388.2 Final has two changes/fixes not listed in the 388.2 Beta 2 firmware Changelog-NG.txt:
- FIXED: Wireless Log wouldn't properly show IPv6 address
for clients with multiple addresses.
- FIXED: ICMPv6 pings would be dropped when DoS protection
was enabled (regression in 388.1).

It's a pity that release 388.2 took place with a new and critical for me malfunction - just like in 388.2alpha2, beta1 and beta2, static entries in ARP do not work (die 3-10 minutes after they are created) in release 388.2. I wrote about this malfunction more than once in the discussion of beta versions of 388.2, and also two other people wrote about it there. Again returned to 388.2alpha1.
Someone else who reported something similar also reported he resolved the issue by toggling the Spanning-Tree Protocol setting.

Code:
merlin@ubuntu-dev:~/amng$ git log --oneline 388.2-beta2..HEAD
a787a9084c (HEAD -> master, tag: 388.2, origin/master) Bumped revision to 388.2 final
721b7f7d41 Updated documentation
95fd46000f rc: explicitly accept ICMPv6 echo even when FW DoS protection is enabled
c77d4e4feb httpd: webui: display all client IPv6 addresses on Wireless Log
f5c74d1438 webui: remove leftovers from https_crt_gen on DDNS page

Flashed to 388.2 2x Ax86u one as router and other as node. Both working great

Thanks for hard work and released version

FireShot Capture 134 - ASUS Wireless Router RT-AX86U - System Information - 168.68.68.1.jpg

Someone else who reported something similar also reported he resolved the issue by toggling the Spanning-Tree Protocol setting.

Ahhh i was like; "yeaahh a solution 😂"... i just tried this but still after few minutes it was PERM ARP entry was gone again...

Reactions: Ole
Also tried to disable ipv4 and 6 firewall temporary... but also didnt made a difference...
Can it be that is has to do something with newer dnsmasq after 388.2_alpha1? Dont know why but played around with dns and i think that when i fill in dns 1 and 2 dnsmasq isnt used on router right(?)
Then entry seems to be longer in ARP... again disappears, but not in few minutes.
Arrrghh haha gonna checkout github later today...

Cheers!

1681399030614.png

Status
Not open for further replies.