What's new

How to use the XT8 logs to troubleshoot?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

rudedog71

New Around Here
Howdy all...I have an Asus Zenwifi XT8 router in a 2 story single residence home with 50+ device LAN. I have 3 additional mesh nodes with approx 15 devices on ethernet via 2 unmanaged switches and rest are wifi.
Recently, the ethernet devices on my LAN stop working but wifi is fine. After full router and switch cold boots, everything gets back to normal and life is ok...but this has happened 2 or 3x now....how do I use the Asus Router logs to troubleshoot what is causing this weird issue?
The log section of the Asus router UI has several tabs and I've never had to deal with this type of problem before. I've tested and replaced a few ethernet cables and everything checks out, but before I start replacing switches or the router, I'd like to try and learn how to read the logs to see if its 1 of my devices thats causing some type of disruption. I also run a few NAS devices, and headless windows and a TrueNas server...but none of those devices have had any major recent changes. Also, I have updated the XT8 and nodes with latest firmwares.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!