What's new

keysize 256 problem

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Jgafa10

Occasional Visitor
I have a Asus RT-AC68U on Merlin firmware. I have the router connected to all my devices in my house when I have the IP Vanish connected to all my devices working after a couple of days, I key the keysize 256. I use the asus router app to turn on or off the VPN. I remove it from custom configuration, but it keeps coming back. Is this normal? What can I do to stop the keysize 256 from coming back? Any step-by-step suggestions appreciated. Thank you.

Don't use the mobile app, it's not fully compatible with Asuswrt-Merlin. Remove the line through the webui instead.

OK so I have to log in the asus router webui and turn on the vpn and turn off the vpn that way and the keysize 256 will not appear again. The app is more convenient going to the webui is more inconvenient.

OK so I have to log in the asus router webui and turn on the vpn and turn off the vpn that way and the keysize 256 will not appear again. The app is more convenient going to the webui is more inconvenient.

Is what it is. Unfortunately the mobile app is a proprietary application made by Asus. Rmerlin can't make changes to it so any bugs or incompatibility would be working blind to likely chaise compatibility on his side. Any Addon's or or custom web pages like VPNDirector for example couldn't be added to the the mobile application because it's not present on stock and only featured on Asuswrt-merlin. I'm not sure if the VPN client (on router) your using is manageable by SSH, but depending on your SSH client you could probably save quick pasted commands to be used in the SSH CLI that way it doesn't require typing on mobile.

Also, Asus's OpenVPN implementation is completely different from Asuswrt-Merlin's.