What's new

MOFI4500-4GXELTE-SIM4 V2

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

jpb

New Around Here
New here, I hope I'm posting this to the correct place. I have a new MOFI4500-4GXELTE-SIM4 V2 router but I'm guessing this would apply to most Mofi Routers using SIM cards (AT&T in my case)

I'd like to operate the Mofi router in pass through mode, connecting the Mofi to a Ubiquiti Edge Router, then to a Ubiquiti Switch. (I've done this with a CenturyLink router and all worked well.)

I tried calling Mofi for a static IP (cloud-link?). They started by asking me what devices I wanted to connect, ALL of the devices. Not sure why it would even make a difference. Long story short, they would not let me sign up as they did not think it would work.

On a possibly related note, when I log into the Mofi device, the landing page lists both a "private IP address: 166.137.x.x" and an "assigned IP address" 10.244.x.x" anyone know what these are? I'd have expected to see a single public IP. If I go to "whatsmyip" I get an entirely different IP.

Thanks!

In pretty much all 3G/4G networks, you're going to be NAT'ed out - as you see you have a 10dot, which is a private IP...

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!