What's new

Network map script

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

BeachGuy

Regular Contributor
I've searched and seen a few discussions that the Network Map is flakey. Is there a (amtm?) script to view client signal strength as well as tx/rx rate. I'd like something similar to Network Map that works on AiMesh nodes as well. I see Traffic Analyzer but don't really want my data going to Trend Micro. Thanks.

Try System Log>Wireless Log

Is there a (amtm?) script to view client signal strength as well as tx/rx rate.
One can, if they haven't done so already, look through the AMTM/add-on scripts to see if there is a script that does what one is seeking.

One can, if they haven't done so already, look through the AMTM/add-on scripts to see if there is a script that does what one is seeking.

I did look through the Addons and the closest I found was "Quota Monitoring" (https://www.snbforums.com/threads/edit-real-time-quota-monitoring-download-upload-data-used.50066/) which seems to attempt to work similar to QoS(?) but doesn't work on HND routers(?).

There is no such custom script. Network Map/ Client List and Traffic Analyzer are closed source components in Asuswrt. Use what's available in WebGUI depending on your decision about data sharing. Trend Micro collect antonymous data for improving their services like most common antivirus tools do. Nothing new or dangerous for you.

One workaround is to convert your AiMesh nodes to Access Points if they are Ethernet connected.. About the only feature you will loose is guest WIFI across the nodes. What you will gain is the ability to see in the AP Wireless Log the connection statistics for the attached clients. Use the same SSID's as the router on the AP's. Use the same or different WIFI channels. You can assign static IP addresses to the AP's. And use the Trend Micro stuff (you have bigger worries than Trend Micro seeing a bit of your data).
Might be just your ticket!

Ok thanks all. I'm using Wireless Backhaul. So I'll trust TM.

Alternatively you could try and install wavemon on the Mesh node through ssh. However wavemon is not part of entware so you’ll have to install the package manually along with any dependencies. Note this is likely not compiled with ARM cpu in mind so you’ll have to build it from source code.

IMG_0117.png

nmap -sn x.x.x.x/x should also be useful to see clients.

Last edited:
Alternatively you could try and install wavemon on the Mesh node through ssh. However wavemon is not part of entware so you’ll have to install the package manually along with any dependencies. Note this is likely not compiled with ARM cpu in mind so you’ll have to build it from source code.

View attachment 58109

nmap -sn x.x.x.x/x should also be useful to see clients.

re: nmap -sn x.x.x.x/x should also be useful to see clients.

I installed and ran nmap and got the following. What am I doing wrong?
Starting Nmap 7.93 ( https://nmap.org ) at 2024-04-21 20:01 EDT
Nmap scan report for <router domain>
Host is up.
Nmap done: 1 IP address (1 host up) scanned in 0.01 seconds

I got zenmap running on windows. Doesn't seem to suit my needs though. Just want to monitor Tx/Rx rate and latency for ALL connected devices (both main and node router).

Just want to monitor Tx/Rx rate and latency

This may change dynamically every minute. I wouldn't bother is everything is working as expected.

Yup stuff works, I just over think things. I noticed now that network map is refreshing, even for clients on the node. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't.

Last edited: