What's new

OpenVPN routing / conflict question

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

archiel

Very Senior Member
Can some one tell me if what I would like to do is possible and if so what I need to do.
I am running 384.9 on an RT-AC87U.
I have two servers running a particular PC (x.x.x.116), a Music Server (LMS) and a Plex server.
I only require access to the LMS on my phone, so I have setup an OpenVPN server and use Open VPN Connect android app to access this, avoiding any need for open ports.
As my ISP does not provide static addresses, I use the AsusDDNS to connect.
I would also like the PC to sit behind a VPN (AirVPN) and have setup client1 to do this x.x.x.116 > VPN, x.x.x.1 >WAN.
However when I start the client VPN, then I can no longer access the PC via the OpenVPN Server - Connect link.
Is there a way to build in specific routing rules either via the GUI or via a script, to allow Connect to access the PC
I have given the phone a fixed local IP x.x.x.119.
An alternative is to move the LMS server to another device on the network that is not behind a VPN, but would prefer to avoid this if there is another solution
Thank you
Archiel
[I had tried connecting to the LMS by setting up port forwarding on AirVPN and adding rules to nat-start, but although I could see the open ports on canyouseeme.org, I could not get this to work]

Same for me. Since the update to 384.9 i can't reach my other LAN devices on my network through OpenVPN server on my RT-AC87U. Also tried to do a factory reset and manual re-set all the settings without success.
I can only access to the Asus Gateway and on Internet (set to "Both" on OpenVPN setting).