What's new

[RELEASE] TAILMON v1.0.10 -May 12, 2024- WireGuard-based Tailscale Installer, Configurator and Monitor (Now available in AMTM!)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Has anyone noticed this message before in TailMon

# Health check:
# - Linux DNS config not ideal. /etc/resolv.conf overwritten. See https://tailscale.com/s/dns-fight

Literally only noticed it this morning and never seen previously.
I looked at the said /etc/resolv.conf and it contains my Pi-Hole DNS servers (I have two Pi-Holes acting as Primary / Secondary DNS) and I use DNS Director to force all DNS traffic to them.

Does anyone know what /etc/resolv.conf on the Router had previously or even existed?
Things still working normally, just wondering more than anything
Yup :).. in testing and since. Can ignore.

Not sure if this from Tailscale website is related. Also this explanation.

Last edited:
Thanks as ever @jksmurf .... and I switched to Kernel mode yesterday after conversations
Don’t thank me, this is all @Viktor Jaep and @ColinTaylor. If you knew how little I really know about this stuff you’d be laughing your socks off :).

I’m just helping out fielding some questions, because I was such a pest that Viktor agreed to create Tailmon in the first place, just to make me stop begging.

But I’m really, really pleased to see it working out for you and other folks, because I think it’s just a really neat way of networking, for what I want to do at least.

Last edited:

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!