What's new

RT-AC68P > 384.4_2 > 5G radio

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

jasqid

New Around Here
I'm running the latest firmware on the above router. I'm am having problems with my 5G radio where it's just gone. Have to reboot every day or two to get the 5G radio working again.

Is there something to try and correct with setting change or is it firmware? Or even hardware failing?

No issues on the 2.4 radio... But I run my roku and chromecast on the 5G for faster video connections. Notice the issue when they are not connected and none of my other devices "see" my 5G band.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm running the latest firmware on the above router. I'm am having problems with my 5G radio where it's just gone. Have to reboot every day or two to get the 5G radio working again.

Is there something to try and correct with setting change or is it firmware? Or even hardware failing?

No issues on the 2.4 radio... But I run my roku and chromecast on the 5G for faster video connections. Notice the issue when they are not connected and none of my other devices "see" my 5G band.

Its could be one or the other. Try a power cycle.

Is it really gone or just moved to a higher channel which your device does not support (see System Log / Wireless Log on the Router GUI)? :rolleyes:

For Android devices there is the handy tool WIFI Analyzer to scan networks and find the channels used and the signal strength when you walk around your home!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!