What's new

RT-AX88U Pro and RT-AX86U Pro vs Dual GT-AXE11000 Setup

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Mxlt

New Around Here
I'm trying to decide between the two different Asus router setups currently in my possession and could use some guidance on which one would be best for my needs.

I will be running them with AiMesh through ethernet backhaul. Both setups cost me about the same and I intend to only keep one of the setups, but I'm trying to decide which one mainly has better performance and longevity overall.

Thank you!

Welcome to the forums @Mxlt.

The most stable is usually identical models used for both main and node.

I do not agree with the prior recommendation. That was from a person who does not use matched units. With Ethernet backhaul, either choice would be OK. Support for all your choices should be the same. However, I would lean to the AX88U Pro/ AX86U Pro as I would not have a use for the 6 GHz band.
I have used an AX86U Pro router with an AX86U AiMesh node which worked just fine on both Asus and Merlin firmware.

I currently have 2x RT-AX88U Pros. Matched.

Regardless of what I run, the experience I have with various customers is what I base my suggestions on.

Matched models in AiMesh mode (particularly in wired backhaul setups) are simply superior.

I think a key value of using the same device for the main and mesh is that you'll be assured that the same (i.e., matched) firmware will always be available for both devices.

I currently have 2x RT-AX88U Pros. Matched.

Regardless of what I run, the experience I have with various customers is what I base my suggestions on.

Matched models in AiMesh mode (particularly in wired backhaul setups) are simply superior.
Not what your signature says.

WHY NOT SET BOTH UP AND SEE WHICH GIVES YOU THE BEST TRANSFER RATES AND SPEED , SEEING AS YOU HAVE THE UNITS ALREADY

and longevity overall

GT-AXE11000 is older generation hardware router (2020 model based on GT-AX11000 from 2018) and won't be updated to 3.0.0.6 Asuswrt 5.0 firmware.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!