What's new

RT-BE96U Tri-Band

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I just updated to the latest firmware 3.0.0.6.102_34488 and turned on MLO and now have a "Default IoT Network" that I can't delete in addition to my pre-existing IoT network (that I don't want to mess with). The "Default IoT Network" has very little configuration options, it is set to 2.4/5ghz for example. I have turned MLO back off again and it didn't make a difference.

Help!

The same happens to me. I was force to reset it several times to get finally normal setup screen. From my opinion BE96U all firmware a buggy as hell

Same on the IOT. I'm not going to worry about it for now. It lets me flip the switch off, but still broadcasts. I don't have anything on there. I had all kinds of problems with the previous firmware - MESH notes offline, no secure dns, etc. I reset all three routers and rebuilt on the April release. So far so good on the mesh. Also had problems renaming devices. This seems to work in the Network Map section. However, renaming devices in the Mesh section, causes a full restart - though it still takes. Weird and likely a bug but at least it works over on the other menu. I'm going to run as is for a couple days before leaving comcast dns and turning the dns security feature on.

Had problems with dns over tls in the December build. Seems to be working now. I'm using CloudFlare servers on port 853 for ip6/4....I don't think dnssec will work with dns-over-tls? I also think it's not really needed?

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!