What's new

Unofficial Build 380.58

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

for 87u ?
thx

What other changes are in this build besides the very few shown in the change log ?

He's suspended all development due to being sick.
We have all been spoiled over the years with Eric's stellar support. Rest my friend and get well. We will still be here after you recover.

It's sad times indeed, I hope you get better Eric "RMerlin"! Your contribution will be sorely missed by the lot of us.

humm, i dont know why with this Alpha, i cant compile it for my ac68, im getting Error
Normaly i have no problems

make[2]: *** [all] Error 2

hmm lost my LAN clients after upgrading my ac68u router with this. Wifi working perfectly but can't see any devices in client list which are connected to LAN ports.

humm, i dont know why with this Alpha, i cant compile it for my ac68, im getting Error
Normaly i have no problems

You have to include more output regarding the actual errors so that people can offer help..

I tried the compile for RT-AC87U, but it failed with the following:

Code:
logger (LOGGER) [Y/n/?] y
/usr/src/asuswrt-merlin/release/src-rt-6.x.4708/toolchains/hndtools-arm-linux-2.6.36-uclibc-4.5.3/bin/../libexec/gcc/arm-brcm-linux-uclibcgnueabi/4.5.3/cc1: error while loading shared libraries: libelf.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
make[4]: Leaving directory '/usr/src/asuswrt-merlin/release/src/router/busybox'
make[3]: Leaving directory '/usr/src/asuswrt-merlin/release/src/router'
make[2]: Leaving directory '/usr/src/asuswrt-merlin/release/src-rt-7.x.main/src'
make all
make[2]: Entering directory '/usr/src/asuswrt-merlin/release/src-rt-7.x.main/src'

Building RT-AC87U_3.0.0.4_380.58.trx

mkdir: cannot create directory ‘image’: File exists
Makefile:185: recipe for target 'all' failed
make[2]: [all] Error 1 (ignored)
make[3]: Entering directory '/usr/src/asuswrt-merlin/release/src/router'
which: no mksym.pl in (/usr/src/asuswrt-merlin/release/src-rt-7.x.main/src/router/misc)
rm -rf /usr/src/asuswrt-merlin/release/src-rt-7.x.main/src/router/arm-uclibc/target
rm -rf /usr/src/asuswrt-merlin/release/src-rt-7.x.main/src/router/arm-uclibc/install
rm -f /usr/src/asuswrt-merlin/release/src-rt-7.x.main/src/router/arm-uclibc/linux.trx /usr/src/asuswrt-merlin/release/src-rt-7.x.main/src/router/arm-uclibc/vmlinuz /usr/src/asuswrt-merlin/release/src-rt-7.x.main/src/router/arm-uclibc/target.image
rm -rf /usr/src/asuswrt-merlin/release/src-rt-7.x.main/src/router/arm-uclibc/extras
rm -rf kernel_header
make parallel=true  shared nvram_arm libbcm libupnp_arm libbcmcrypto
make[4]: Entering directory '/usr/src/asuswrt-merlin/release/src/router'
which: no mksym.pl in (/usr/src/asuswrt-merlin/release/src-rt-7.x.main/src/router/misc)
make[5]: Entering directory '/usr/src/asuswrt-merlin/release/src/router/busybox'
/usr/src/asuswrt-merlin/release/src-rt-6.x.4708/toolchains/hndtools-arm-linux-2.6.36-uclibc-4.5.3/bin/../libexec/gcc/arm-brcm-linux-uclibcgnueabi/4.5.3/cc1: error while loading shared libraries: libelf.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
  SPLIT   include/autoconf.h -> include/config/*
  HOSTCC  applets/usage
  HOSTCC  applets/applet_tables
  GEN     include/bbconfigopts.h
  GEN     include/usage_compressed.h
  GEN     include/applet_tables.h
  HOSTCC  applets/usage_pod
  CC      applets/applets.o
scripts/Makefile.build:197: recipe for target 'applets/applets.o' failed
make[6]: *** [applets/applets.o] Error 1
make[6]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
Makefile:381: recipe for target 'applets_dir' failed
make[5]: *** [applets_dir] Error 2
make[5]: Leaving directory '/usr/src/asuswrt-merlin/release/src/router/busybox'
Makefile:1313: recipe for target 'busybox' failed
make[4]: *** [busybox] Error 2
make[4]: Leaving directory '/usr/src/asuswrt-merlin/release/src/router'
Makefile:752: recipe for target 'obj_prelibs' failed
make[3]: *** [obj_prelibs] Error 2
make[3]: Leaving directory '/usr/src/asuswrt-merlin/release/src/router'
Makefile:185: recipe for target 'all' failed
make[2]: Leaving directory '/usr/src/asuswrt-merlin/release/src-rt-7.x.main/src'
Makefile:2502: recipe for target 'bin' failed
make[1]: *** [bin] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory '/usr/src/asuswrt-merlin/release/src-rt-7.x.main/src'
Makefile:2572: recipe for target 'rt-ac87u' failed
make: *** [rt-ac87u] Error 2
[root@asteriskserver src]#

Which release for RT-AC87U?

The RT-AC87U is an SDK6 device, not an SDK 7.x device.

I tried unsuccessfully to compile a build for the RT-AC88U. I am getting errors. I was hoping to compile a build that includes Merlin latest commits, but I am getting errors when running the 'make clean' command and the 'make RT-AC88U' command in the src-rt-7.14.114.x folder.

I tried unsuccessfully to compile a build for the RT-AC88U. I am getting errors. I was hoping to compile a build that includes Merlin latest commits, but I am getting errors when running the 'make clean' command and the 'make RT-AC88U' command in the src-rt-7.14.114.x folder.

I cannot guarantee that all models will compile and/or work, since they are untested, and I don't have any up-to-date binary blobs for any of the other models, but I can confirm that the RT-AC88U one does build properly - I'm running it myself.

No one here will be able to help you without any actual details as to the error message however.

I cannot guarantee that all models will compile and/or work, since they are untested, and I don't have any up-to-date binary blobs for any of the other models, but I can confirm that the RT-AC88U one does build properly - I'm running it myself.

No one here will be able to help you without any actual details as to the error message however.
Glad to see you around! Just take care of yourself, eh?

If you get time at some point
ofc no rush

would be nice to see upnp like below
to save me having to add it

Untitled.jpg

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!