What's new

Unofficial Build 380.58

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I cannot guarantee that all models will compile and/or work, since they are untested, and I don't have any up-to-date binary blobs for any of the other models, but I can confirm that the RT-AC88U one does build properly - I'm running it myself.

No one here will be able to help you without any actual details as to the error message however.
Working now. Not sure what happened earlier, but it is compiling now without any issues.

Thanks, Merlin for all that you do. Get well soon!!!

Woooo..... I'm so close to getting it compiled for the RT-AC87U. Here is the last failed compile.....

Code:
 [rc] CC qtn_monitor.o
qtn_monitor.c: In function ‘rpc_parse_nvram_from_httpd’:
qtn_monitor.c:134:3: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘rpc_update_macmode’
qtn_monitor.c:184:6: error: too few arguments to function ‘qcsapi_wifi_vlan_config’
/usr/src/asuswrt-merlin/release/src-rt-6.x.4708/router/libqcsapi_client/qcsapi.h:10190:12: note: declared here
qtn_monitor.c:185:39: error: ‘e_qcsapi_vlan_add’ undeclared (first use in this function)
qtn_monitor.c:185:39: note: each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in
qtn_monitor.c:185:6: error: too few arguments to function ‘qcsapi_wifi_vlan_config’
/usr/src/asuswrt-merlin/release/src-rt-6.x.4708/router/libqcsapi_client/qcsapi.h:10190:12: note: declared here
qtn_monitor.c:187:39: error: ‘e_qcsapi_vlan_del’ undeclared (first use in this function)
qtn_monitor.c:187:6: error: too few arguments to function ‘qcsapi_wifi_vlan_config’
qtn_monitor.c:192:4: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘wl_vifname_qtn’
qtn_monitor.c:192:4: warning: passing argument 1 of ‘qcsapi_wifi_remove_bss’ makes pointer from integer without a cast
/usr/src/asuswrt-merlin/release/src-rt-6.x.4708/router/libqcsapi_client/qcsapi.h:7336:12: note: expected ‘const char *’ but argument is of type ‘int’
qtn_monitor.c:207:6: error: too few arguments to function ‘qcsapi_wifi_vlan_config’
qtn_monitor.c:208:6: error: too few arguments to function ‘qcsapi_wifi_vlan_config’
qtn_monitor.c:210:6: error: too few arguments to function ‘qcsapi_wifi_vlan_config’
qtn_monitor.c:215:4: warning: passing argument 1 of ‘qcsapi_wifi_remove_bss’ makes pointer from integer without a cast
/usr/src/asuswrt-merlin/release/src-rt-6.x.4708/router/libqcsapi_client/qcsapi.h:7336:12: note: expected ‘const char *’ but argument is of type ‘int’
qtn_monitor.c:230:6: error: too few arguments to function ‘qcsapi_wifi_vlan_config’
qtn_monitor.c:231:6: error: too few arguments to function ‘qcsapi_wifi_vlan_config’
qtn_monitor.c:233:6: error: too few arguments to function ‘qcsapi_wifi_vlan_config’
qtn_monitor.c:238:4: warning: passing argument 1 of ‘qcsapi_wifi_remove_bss’ makes pointer from integer without a cast
qtn_monitor.c: In function ‘qtn_monitor_main’:
qtn_monitor.c:309:2: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘lanport_ctrl’
qtn_monitor.c:312:2: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘check_2nd_jffs’
qtn_monitor.c:317:2: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘setAllLedOff’
qtn_monitor.c:386:6: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘start_nodfs_scan_qtn’
qtn_monitor.c:419:3: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘setAllLedOff_qtn’
qtn_monitor.c:271:1: warning: label ‘QTN_RESET’ defined but not used
qtn_monitor.c:255:11: warning: unused variable ‘p_channel’
Makefile:688: recipe for target 'qtn_monitor.o' failed
make[4]: *** [qtn_monitor.o] Error 1
make[4]: Leaving directory '/usr/src/asuswrt-merlin/release/src/router/rc'
Makefile:1508: recipe for target 'rc' failed
make[3]: *** [rc] Error 2
make[3]: Leaving directory '/usr/src/asuswrt-merlin/release/src/router'
Makefile:185: recipe for target 'all' failed
make[2]: *** [all] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory '/usr/src/asuswrt-merlin/release/src-rt-6.x.4708'
Makefile:2502: recipe for target 'bin' failed
make[1]: *** [bin] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory '/usr/src/asuswrt-merlin/release/src-rt-6.x.4708'
Makefile:2572: recipe for target 'rt-ac87u' failed
make: *** [rt-ac87u] Error 2
[root@asteriskserver src-rt-6.x.4708]#

Hi!

I bought me a RT-AC88U this weekend to replace my 87U.
I installed "RT-AC88U_380.58_alpha1.zip" and I see some troubles with the iOS Router app, it doesn´t work/can´t access the router.
I missed some seettings?

BR
KD

Hi!

I bought me a RT-AC88U this weekend to replace my 87U.
I installed "RT-AC88U_380.58_alpha1.zip" and I see some troubles with the iOS Router app, it doesn´t work/can´t access the router.
I missed some seettings?

BR
KD
factory reset?

I did a factory reset yesterday evening and this mornin I once again can´t access it in a web browser with 192.168.1.1.
It still runs and work but I can´t access it.
The AiCloud iOS app works but not the ASUS Router app.

Could someone maybe compile FW for RT-AC88U with latest merlin commits (alpha2) ? That would be great. Thanks in advance!

the alpha1 version OPEN VPN server seems to allow connections from devices without user id password, (.opvn export) is this wanted functionality or bug?

Have tried many times to compile this one , but i always get errors*
If someone can compile for AC68u plz :rolleyes:

Hint: when compiling test builds, compile with the BUILDREV variable set, so that way the current git commit hash is inserted in the version. I.e.:

Code:
BUILDREV=1 make rt-ac88u

I only bump the alpha/beta tag after major milestones, so the only way to distinguish builds is by the current git hash.

I really appreciate it. I know that there are not much commits after the one u compiled. But i am specifically interested in this commit https://github.com/RMerl/asuswrt-merlin/commit/eb7087ca13f4d1fb2bb69db624105fd0df5b921f . Would it be to much to ask if u can compile it again with the latest commits integrated. I am not able to do it myself in the moment cause i need to rebuild my linux machine and are very busy with work in the next time. That would be really great but i totally understand if u want to wait a bit more until more commits are pushed out by merlin.

Thanks in advance!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!