What's new

What is the cost of 1gb plans in your country

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Talat

Regular Contributor
I live in saudi arabia and the cost of 1gb fiber plans is $266 a month, i think it is a bit expensive, how about you guys, please!

My current plan is 500/125 and costs approximately $100 per month

Reactions: ika
Italy, FTTH 1000/300 at 30€ per month without any installation cost and free ONT. Price and services here are pretty good.

Romania, FTTH 900/400 at ~ 8 Euro / month + 8 Euro /month for TV services (combo). Installation time ~ 1 week.
That service is at RDS (Digi), the biggest ISP in RO having availability in almost all towns in RO.

$65 CAD/month here for 1 Gbps FTTH (technically I pay $55 for the first 12 months due to a promo when I signed up last autumn). That's with a flanker brand however, Bell's 1 Gbps package is a good bit more expensive once you're done with their limited duration promos.

Canadian pricing is only starting to get more reasonable thanks to competition, however competitors are being driven out of the market due to poor decisions from the federal regulatory body (CRTC) who dictates pricing for first parties reselling access to their infrastructure to third parties.

$65 CAD/month here for 1 Gbps FTTH (technically I pay $55 for the first 12 months due to a promo when I signed up last autumn). That's with a flanker brand however, Bell's 1 Gbps package is a good bit more expensive once you're done with their limited duration promos.

Canadian pricing is only starting to get more reasonable thanks to competition, however competitors are being driven out of the market due to poor decisions from the federal regulatory body (CRTC) who dictates pricing for first parties reselling access to their infrastructure to third parties.
Thanks for your reply, the more prices i see in other countries i feel sorry for my country, i think if i get many answers i will make a small table for comparisons only

Enjoy and have a nice day

I live in saudi arabia and the cost of 1gb fiber plans is $266 a month, i think it is a bit expensive, how about you guys, please!

My current plan is 500/125 and costs approximately $100 per month
US - Xfinity 1200/40 Mbps - Rack price US$122 with discount currently pay US$60

Gee its amazing how prices differs from country to country, of course its understandable income, cost of living, taxes, etc and mainly competion.

In saudi arabia competion is not very healthy resulting in sky-high prices, eventhough it started to go down but yet still high.

Here in rip-off Britain you basically have to be prepared to swap providers once your initial contract expires.
So I'm on 900/100 (934/103) at £31/month (presonalised deal) with 12 months of XBox game pass Ultimate in a 24-month contract. When the contract ends the rolling price will nearly double if I cant negotiate it down!

Here in rip-off Britain you basically have to be prepared to swap providers once your initial contract expires.
So I'm on 900/100 (934/103) at £31/month (presonalised deal) with 12 months of XBox game pass Ultimate in a 24-month contract. When the contract ends the rolling price will nearly double if I cant negotiate it down!
Thanks for input, compared to my country you are still in a better situation

Here on the Mississippi Gulf Coast, I have C-Spire 1Gb up/down fiber for US dollars 60 per month for the first 12 months, then $85 per month thereafter. Just curious, but who is your provider in Saudi Arabia?

In Poland the cost depends on the place where you live. In cities you can find 1Gb/s for about 15-20$ but in villages it's more expensive (about 20$ for 1Gb/s) and usually it is extra fee for users who lives in own houses (about 5$). I live in village and for fiber 300/50mbit/s I'm paying 15$ + extra 4$ for living in house. (My contract expired 2 years ago)

Here on the Mississippi Gulf Coast, I have C-Spire 1Gb up/down fiber for US dollars 60 per month for the first 12 months, then $85 per month thereafter. Just curious, but who is your provider in Saudi Arabia?
Thanks for the reply, my provider is Salam ( previously ITC Integrated Tele communications) compared to STC my plan of 500/125 costs $170 a month so much higher.

In Poland the cost depends on the place where you live. In cities you can find 1Gb/s for about 15-20$ but in villages it's more expensive (about 20$ for 1Gb/s) and usually it is extra fee for users who lives in own houses (about 5$). I live in village and for fiber 300/50mbit/s I'm paying 15$ + extra 4$ for living in house. (My contract expired 2 years ago)
Its really amazing to see different rates from all over the places around the world.
Thanks for your reply bro

Central US - 1000/1000 $70/mo - no data caps

Looks like I can "upgrade" to 2000/2000 for $100/mo or 5000/5000 for $125/mo. I barely use what I have so don't think I have much need or desire to upgrade beyond what I have today. I mean unless I am downloading a Linux distro, having over 100Mbps is mostly pointless.

Before Google Fiber came to our city, I was paying more per month for less than half the speed via the local cable company. So competition has been quite useful in getting better service as well as better pricing here.

Central US - 1000/1000 $70/mo - no data caps

Looks like I can "upgrade" to 2000/2000 for $100/mo or 5000/5000 for $125/mo. I barely use what I have so don't think I have much need or desire to upgrade beyond what I have today. I mean unless I am downloading a Linux distro, having over 100Mbps is mostly pointless.

Before Google Fiber came to our city, I was paying more per month for less than half the speed via the local cable company. So competition has been quite useful in getting better service as well as better pricing here.
Thanks for your reply, you are in a much better situation than me

Also if you dont have many people in the House its a waste of money to go higher than 1gb.

In my case i have a large family of 9 including house maid and driver who share with us the fiber which i think at speeds of 500mb/ 125mb is barely enough sometimes, but prices here are very high like $270 for 1GB

Hopefully prices will go down soon

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!