What's new

Which models now support "guest network pro" in non-beta firmware?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

neednetworking

Occasional Visitor
Which models now support "guest network pro" in non-beta firmware? I know the ax88upro supports it in standard firmware now. Any others? Do we have dates for others?

Which models now support "guest network pro" in non-beta firmware? I know the ax88upro supports it in standard firmware now. Any others? Do we have dates for others?
Routers with firmware on the 3.0.0.6 code base. Look them up yourself.

Routers with firmware on the 3.0.0.6 code base. Look them up yourself.
I looked at quite a few and couldn't find any. Was wondering if there was a list. Was hoping beside the ax88upro, there was another smaller unit that could be used as a mesh access point.

Which models now support "guest network pro" in non-beta firmware?

Currently GT-AX6000 and RT-AX88U Pro from consumer products, EBR63 and EBM68 from business products.

If you want what you see here (along with the new GUI and extra Guest Network features):

ExpertWiFi EBR63 is your only "AIO router" choice with ExpertWiFi EBM68 "mesh set" as an option.

I looked at quite a few and couldn't find any. Was wondering if there was a list. Was hoping beside the ax88upro, there was another smaller unit that could be used as a mesh access point.
If you use the forum search feature you'll find other posts discussing which units currently are on full release 3.0.0.6.x firmware. For example this post from last month:
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/rt-ax86u-pro-firmware-will-it-get-3-0-0-6.87793/page-2#post-902037
PS: In general, keep an eye on the ASUSWRT - Official subforum. People typically post new firmware releases there for models.

Currently GT-AX6000 and RT-AX88U Pro from consumer products, EBR63 and EBM68 from business products.

If you want what you see here (along with the new GUI and extra Guest Network features):

ExpertWiFi EBR63 is your only "AIO router" choice with ExpertWiFi EBM68 "mesh set" as an option.

THANK you SO much. Really appreciate it and you. I suppose the business line isn't a good idea to mix n match with the consumer line for mesh??

Last edited:
If you use the forum search feature you'll find other posts discussing which units currently are on full release 3.0.0.6.x firmware. For example this post from last month:
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/rt-ax86u-pro-firmware-will-it-get-3-0-0-6.87793/page-2#post-902037
PS: In general, keep an eye on the ASUSWRT - Official subforum. People typically post new firmware releases there for models.

Thanks. I see of the none gaming ASUS ZenWiFi BQ16 has it, but nobody is selling it anywhere yet that I can find.

The list now includes the RT-AX86U Pro:

The list now includes the RT-AX86U Pro:

Ah, thank you very much. Perhaps this will be a start of more releases in the near future.

3.0.0.6 firmware released/announced for following models:
1. GT-AX6000 (On 3.0.0.6 but hasn’t been updated for almost a year)
2. GT-AX88U Pro
3. GT-AX 11000 Pro (3.0.0.6 Update expected since 1.5 years and still in beta as of this post)
4. GT-AX86U Pro
5. All Wifi7 routers and Mesh access points
6. All ExpertWifi routers and Mesh access points released in late 2023 or in 2024.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!