What's new

WRT160N vs WRT310N

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

nspot

New Around Here
I would only be using either of the above routers in AP mode. I live in an area with little 2.4GHz traffic. I do not need the gigabit switch that the 310N has. So, just considering throughput and range (mostly throughput), which router should I get? Thanks.

I would only be using either of the above routers in AP mode. I live in an area with little 2.4GHz traffic. I do not need the gigabit switch that the 310N has. So, just considering throughput and range (mostly throughput), which router should I get? Thanks.

Looking for the difference?
310N has 300MHz with 16MB of RAM and 4MB of Flash it has 10/100/1000MB/s B/G/N ports for Wireless.

160N has 266MHz with 16MB of RAM and 4mB of Flash it has 10/100 MB/s ports and B/G/N for Wireless

The 160N was tested with the Azimuth method and the 310N with open air, so I can't directly compare the two results.

But both products use the same Broadcom wireless chipset, so should have similar wireless performance.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!