What's new

[384.12_Alpha - builds] Testing all variants.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some say Yes is faster and some say No is faster.. it really depends on servers you are using if you select No. it really doesn't matter though because this has nothing to do with what your clients deal with. It has to do with what is done router side.
I’ve been running with it set to “No” for a day now. I see no perceptible difference. I’m using Cloudflare DoT. I’m just going to leave it set to the new default, because everything is running great.

I’ve been running with it set to “No” for a day now. I see no perceptible difference. I’m using Cloudflare DoT. I’m just going to leave it set to the new default, because everything is running great.
I'm using No as well now and it's working as before. Will see how it goes for awhile.

is 384.12 aLPHA working well on the AC3200 for people , i run no scripts , just plain vanilla router ,. bit I've never had trouble before , so guess I'll dive in . thanks
and a big thanks for keeping the AC3200 in the builds , still think it's a great router , never crashes , goes for 6 months without slowdowns or reboots and transfers 100's of GB week on over 20 devices .
AYE m she is working well onm my ac 3200 so far ,, will see how long it lasts .
Still not sure of all the new DNS settings , but will read and try to learn
thanks all in the forum for all the help
Been running for over 48 hours now on AC3200. Very smooth, no issues noticed. I'm like you - plain vanilla mode, no script or anything running, no USB attached even.

Report to RMerlin, I have been running 384.12 Alpha 1 on my RT-AC86U, RT-AC68U, and an RT-AC3100 almost since the first hour they were available for each of these routers. No issues. Just stable, rock solid networks on each one.

I am using DoT, of course on the router (via the firmware) and also running all the scripts in my signature too.

I think that either this version is production ready if my experience is any indication.

Of course, looking forward to the changes made since this was compiled, but that should easily be a Beta (and probably a final Beta at that too). :)

Below is just an observation and I will look into it tomorrow when I have time

I logged in to find internet status disconnected

e460f7454410c7cad4b12de68b4ecff8.jpg

I turned the power off and disconnected both router and modem for a few minutes then powered them up one by one with no change.

My internet is running fine and my log files are exactly the same as they have been with every firmware upgrade

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have previously had this exact issue (thread on it here in snb somewhere) went away and it returned with 384.11_2

I think that either this version is production ready if my experience is any indication.

It's just an early alpha, and the main change that was added (WS Discovery) was not working at all.

It's just an early alpha, and the main change that was added (WS Discovery) was not working at all.
And security updates?

Haven't done the update since 11_2 works so well.

And security updates?

Not in that public build people are currently running. There was no GPL available yet.

And security updates?

Haven't done the update since 11_2 works so well.

I find that the 384.12 Alpha works even better. :)

A very responsive network with it installed.

384.11 was my first Alpha, will wait for a Beta this time. If something goes wrong I may not have the knowledge to fix it!

I have previously had this exact issue (thread on it here in snb somewhere) went away and it returned with 384.11_2

I followed the advice RMerlin suggested and In my case it didn’t work. I had to flash stock firmware which fixed the problem then flashed the 384.12_ Alpha, I did a factory reset etc and it’s been running perfectly for days.

I’m looking forward to the next build

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

i am noticing all the values for /proc/sys/net/ipv6/conf/default/ are coo crazy, in normal situations the value would be zero now for every thing you have to modify the defaults start at 1 and you would have to put a 2 value in to say Yes something is turned on. this could be a big reason why the ipv6 for some models is acting so crazy.

Glad I wasn't the only one thinking this. Too me it seemed to be running better as well but I couldn't exactly place my finger on it.

Try disabling "Wan: Use local caching DNS server as system resolver (default: Yes)" on the Tools -> Other Settings page, in case it interferes with ntpd or WAN monitoring.
This worked for me as far as that Network Map Internet Status Icon goes, it returns every time now. Had a few glitches accessing the router so will see how it goes.

Cheers k.

New Alpha seems just as trust worthy as the last Alpha, thanks Eric!

New Alpha seems just as trust worthy as the last Alpha, thanks Eric!
I want to try it on my AC86U, but only for this model no checksums are provided.

Can somebody who (already) successfully flashed this file please post the hashes here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!