What's new

[384.12_Alpha - builds] Testing all variants.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay I reflashed and every thing appears to be working well... thanks Rmerlin for another great build.
even if it is only in
Code:
Alpha phase

After the hyphen is the last merged commit number.

This is what has been included/changed/fixed since last alpha :

Code:
rc: change default behaviour of resolv.conf to use ISP instead of loc
Presumably this is what this means in the GUI?

Attachments

• New_Default.jpg
    New_Default.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 472
Has any one noticed with JackYaz Ntpmerlin occasionally the intercept ntp client request will occasionally need to be disabled and re-enabled - i have noticed occasionally it will say it lost the iptables spot. does something similar happen with the Built in NTP server? I cannot confirm because it doesn't list its spot as pre-routed traffic, but ntpmerlin does - and it will occasionally lose the pre-routed status.

Maybe I am not fully understanding the dynamics, but i am noticing that every now and then i have to disable and re-enable the redirect options on NTPmerlin.

Has any one noticed with JackYaz Ntpmerlin occasionally the intercept ntp client request will occasionally need to be disabled and re-enabled - i have noticed occasionally it will say it lost the iptables spot. does something similar happen with the Built in NTP server? I cannot confirm because it doesn't list its spot as pre-routed traffic, but ntpmerlin does - and it will occasionally lose the pre-routed status.

Maybe I am not fully understanding the dynamics, but i am noticing that every now and then i have to disable and re-enable the redirect options on NTPmerlin.
Are you running the built in ntp server on the system page? If you are I don't think it's wise to run them both.

Are you running the built in ntp server on the system page? If you are I don't think it's wise to run them both.
No i tested them individually skeal. i ran ntpmerlin for a week and probably 3 out of 10 times i noticed i would have to go into it and retell it to redirect because it would some how lose its settings in the iptables.

i am just curious if anyone is having similar issues with the built in one. or is it so hard coded that it never loses its settings?

i have had it happen too after a reboot

On a RT-AC86U, latest alpha build (second version of alpha1). Anyone else seeing the yellow exclamation on the Network Status page for DDNS? When clicked it shows OK as updated, as it does on the main DDNS page, but I see many repeated errors regarding DDNS in the system log. Sorry, I am not present to copy/paste the exact errors right now.

Also, my OpenVPN server does not want to restart: I even tried to re-import the OpenVPN config files/keys to see if that helped, but no, it will not come up. Admittedly, I have only been using this feature for a few weeks on the previous stable build, and have never seen how it handles a firmware upgrade, but hard to believe this is normal.

Last edited:
Sounds like the time hasn’t set.

Sounds like the time hasn’t set.
Nope, the time is set correctly, but that was a good suggestion anyway. Still trying to sort this out, I may have to try a full power restart rather than a simple reboot. Or, simply revert to the stable build and stop being tempted to try alpha builds....

If you're using DoT you will probably want it off. The clients always go through the router/dnsmasq/stubby, but if set to 'no' the router will skip dnsmasq/stubby. This could be important since stubby needs the system time to be correct, and to get the correct time you need to go through stubby.
And if using DoT, the router will anyway go thru dnsmasq/stubby after DNS server, right?

I took the plunge on an RT-AC88U router last night flashing from 384.11_2 to 384.12 Alpha 2. Upon reboot, my router was in a factory reset mode and I was presented with the setup Wizard and configuration screen. I've never had this happen when flashing firmware before.

Last edited:
I took the plunge on an RT-AC88U router last night flashing from 384.11_2 to 384.12 Alpha 2. Upon reboot, my router was in a factory reset mode and I was presented with the Wizard setup and configuration screen. I've never had this happen when flashing firmware before.
Nice to see that your curiosity got the best of you and you stumbled your way onto the alpha page.... and managed to get mangled into installing an alpha....

I had the same issue with my RT-AC5300 with the newer version of the alpha, but instead of putting my router on the setting screen it put my router into factory recovery mode and I had to flash it using the restore tool...

what does this mean ?
Code:
dnsmasq[14617]: Maximum number of concurrent DNS queries reached (max: 150)

This is system log when my router stuck at rebooting.

https://pastebin.com/3sy9mket

Hmm.. I can't attach the log file..;
did you just update your firmware? ---- if so this is a false positive, when i first uploaded from firmware recovery option, I uploaded my saved settings... then my usb drive kept constantly unmounting itself.. fortunately i didnt get placed in a reboot cycle, but i suspect that you may need to do a factory reset and manually do your settings---- I had to do this as well to get it to stop falsely accusing my hard drive of corruption and having mount issues..

did you just update your firmware? ---- if so this is a false positive, when i first uploaded from firmware recovery option, I uploaded my saved settings... then my usb drive kept constantly unmounting itself.. fortunately i didnt get placed in a reboot cycle, but i suspect that you may need to do a factory reset and manually do your settings---- I had to do this as well to get it to stop falsely accusing my hard drive of corruption and having mount issues..
not update just rebooting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!

Staff online