What's new

[384.15_Alpha - builds] Testing all variants.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Alpha firmware is not going well for me on my AX88U
I did a reset as the 5Ghz was unstable after a dirty upgrade from 384.14.
Now every few minutes I'm logged out of the gui and it drops the WAN connection
I noticed it first when configuring the names in the network list and seems to happen more frequently when logged into the router.
I'm looking through the logs to see if I can find anything but reckon will have to revert back to 384.14

I did a dirty downgrade back to 384.14 and no issues since

The Alpha firmware is not going well for me on my AX88U
I did a reset as the 5Ghz was unstable after a dirty upgrade from 384.14.

How did you figure 5Ghz was unstable? Anything in the logs that would prove an issue?

After several days of running Alpha2 I can say I am very pleased with it.
Signal Strength is back in full (even 3% more than ever measured before (which for means that my home is fully covered again with my two routers). Stability, responsiveness, LAN-WAN speed it is all excellent and snappy! Thumbs up RMerlin!

Bad news, I don't think there is a fix. Good news is that the VPN server is actually working. In order to download the OVPN file you need to stop the spinning circle. You can do this by turning the VPN server off then turn it back on. You will have about two minutes to download the file before the spinning circle starts again.

I had though that 15Alpha2 had at least resolved the issue of the VPN server writing 21 lines every two minutes to the log. Not so sure anymore as I now see open VPN server entries in the log again.
Even the VPN status shows permanently Initializing..., the client client.ovpn file could be found in /etc/openvpn/server1 (or 2, any of them is configured).
The connection will be established correctly using that file. At least for me, it worked.

Thanks guys! Hope that gets fixed soon.. :(

How did you figure 5Ghz was unstable? Anything in the logs that would prove an issue?

Internet connection speeds were terrible especially on Apple devices, speed tests of less than 1mb. A reboot of the router and forgetting & adding the ssid helped for short time then the low speeds would happen again after a few minutes.

Lost patience going through the logs and just reverted back but I saved the logs in case anybody interested.

Hi
After the installazione of alfa2 version on my rt-ac86u, from amtm menu u I see this error:
amtm 3.1.0 FW by thelonelycoder
RT-AC86U (aarch64) FW-384.15 @ 192.168.1.1
The Asuswrt-Merlin Terminal Menu

2 open Skynet v7.0.9

4 open YazFi v3.2.3
5 open scribe v2.4.1

j6 open uiScribe v1.2.0

Collected errors:
* opkg_conf_load: Could not create lock file /opt/tmp/opkg.lock: Read-only file system.
Collected errors:
* opkg_conf_load: Could not create lock file /opt/tmp/opkg.lock: Read-only file system.
ep manage Entware packages no upd

m menu amtm uu force update v3.1.0

All scripts are up to date

Enter option

Similar error if I try to update Skynet :
jffs/scripts/firewall: line 5601: can't create /tmp/mnt/SSD/skynet/skynet.cfg: Read-only file system

what can be the problem?

Thanks

Hi
After the installazione of alfa2 version on my rt-ac86u, from amtm menu u I see this error:
amtm 3.1.0 FW by thelonelycoder
RT-AC86U (aarch64) FW-384.15 @ 192.168.1.1
The Asuswrt-Merlin Terminal Menu

2 open Skynet v7.0.9

4 open YazFi v3.2.3
5 open scribe v2.4.1

j6 open uiScribe v1.2.0

Collected errors:
Collected errors:
ep manage Entware packages no upd

m menu amtm uu force update v3.1.0

All scripts are up to date

Enter option

Similar error if I try to update Skynet :
jffs/scripts/firewall: line 5601: can't create /tmp/mnt/SSD/skynet/skynet.cfg: Read-only file system

what can be the problem?

Thanks
Something wrong with your USB drive.

I think merlin just fixed that problem in the last commits :)
2 commits to mainline
  • ccb2410
    Revert "openvpn: backport fix from 384_81981"
  • 5d341f8
    webui: fix incorrect variable name on OpenVPN server page (from 679c8b5)

I'm not expert but just for info, after upgrade of my AC68 the network list show zero devices and the process networkmap hangup, after kill and rerun give Segmentation fault. Other things work fine

I've upgraded from v1 of alpha to v2, on an AC88u. Things seem very stable. I did see a speed increase on my AX client (a dell XPS) after this up grade. I also see a speed increase on one AC client with a four antenna adapter. Other clients are about the same as expected. I did the install "dirty" but did reboot the router.

To repeat an earlier comment I made, there seems to be some weirdness with AX (both ASUS and Merlin versions) with Nest protect smoke detectors. They occasionally drop. It might have to do with them mostly sleeping and only waking up occasionally to ping the internet. Other nest devices (hello, thermostat) are fine.

I've upgraded from v1 of alpha to v2, on an AX88u. Things seem very stable. I did see a speed increase on my AX client (a dell XPS) after this up grade. I also see a speed increase on one AC client with a four antenna adapter. Other clients are about the same as expected. I did the install "dirty" but did reboot the router.

To repeat an earlier comment I made, there seems to be some weirdness with AX (both ASUS and Merlin versions) with Nest protect smoke detectors. They occasionally drop. It might have to do with them mostly sleeping and only waking up occasionally to ping the internet. Other nest devices (hello, thermostat) are fine.

I believe that's what it is - they're in sleep mode and occasionally wake up. Ours does the same thing. Plus it's battery powered so makes sense it's trying to conserve power.

Thanks for this update Alpha2 ( AX88U)
Wondering when hooking up an USB 4TB drive, when formatting it, what should it be ext3 or ext4?

Hi,
How can you tell if your Skynet and Diversion scripts are running? I've had Skynet installed for 56 hours now, and I'm showing no inbound blocks. I understand that that may be the case, but I'm wondering if there's some way to test it. Is there a website or other tool I can use to test whether Skynet is up and running? My AMTM panel shows Diversion and Skynet "Open".

Hi,
How can you tell if your Skynet and Diversion scripts are running? I've had Skynet installed for 56 hours now, and I'm showing no inbound blocks. I understand that that may be the case, but I'm wondering if there's some way to test it. Is there a website or other tool I can use to test whether Skynet is up and running? My AMTM panel shows Diversion and Skynet "Open".
In Skynet UI? if so try to run a manual update by clicking on the Update Stats button in the UI. Also make sure you have logging enabled under settings. To check if it's enabled go to your SSH console and in Skynet enter 11 and under 3 ---> Logging should be enabled. There you can also check what is blocked by entering 13 and any of the options should show you blocked IP's.
The UI might take a while to show any stats since it's updating only twice a day.

In Skynet UI? if so try to run a manual update by clicking on the Update Stats button in the UI. Also make sure you have logging enabled under settings. To check if it's enabled go to your SSH console and in Skynet enter 11 and under 3 ---> Logging should be enabled. There you can also check what is blocked by entering 13 and any of the options should show you blocked IP's.
The UI might take a while to show any stats since it's updating only twice a day.
Thanks!

Anton

384.15 Alpha 2 on 2 RT-AC86Us in AP Mode, dirty upgrade from 384.13. The following are in the System Logs on each (Log level is Notice for both).

May 5 01:05:16 modprobe: module scsi_wait_scan not found in modules.dep
May 5 01:05:16 modprobe: module uas not found in modules.dep
May 5 01:05:16 modprobe: module mbcache not found in modules.dep
May 5 01:05:16 modprobe: module jbd not found in modules.dep
May 5 01:05:16 modprobe: module ext3 not found in modules.dep
May 5 01:05:16 modprobe: module ext4 not found in modules.dep
May 5 01:05:16 modprobe: module ext2 not found in modules.dep
May 5 01:05:16 modprobe: module btusbdrv not found in modules.dep

Immediately after each block, the following occurs:

crond[989]: time disparity of 913919 minutes detected

Minutes are different for each, but occurs on both.

Awwww! I loved running with the Alpha dogs! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!