What's new

5GHz LED issue - please fix!!!!

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Lackooo

Occasional Visitor
I've upgraded my AC56U to Merlin fw a few weeks ago,and I've noticed the LED for 5GHz network doesn't blinks when 5GHz has data usage. 2.4GHz LED is ok. Installed official firmware back, it's flickering like normal, so LED is ok. Please fix!

Last edited:
Still the same issue, the 5GHz LED is not flickering, could you fix this in the next build please? I can't believe this little issue still hasn't been fixed....

Still the same issue, the 5GHz LED is not flickering, could you fix this in the next build please? I can't believe this little issue still hasn't been fixed....

LED behaviour is controlled by the closed source driver, and is outside of my control.

LED behaviour is controlled by the closed source driver, and is outside of my control.
Thx for reply. I'm not diggin this far, so I'm not a fw pro, but I thought your fw's based on the official fws. The LED's are working with those, so I don't undestand why they doesn't work with yours. So what is this "closed source driver"?

only thing his fw allow is the ability to turn the led on and off, if asus bugged it asus has to fix it

But i can confirm 5ghz dont blink anymore, asus has to fix it

only thing his fw allow is the ability to turn the led on and off, if asus bugged it asus has to fix it

But i can confirm 5ghz dont blink anymore, asus has to fix it
But that's what I'm saying it is working with official fw even with the latest one, so this is not an asus caused issue I think.

providing the asus build your using is the same build this FW is based off. if RMerlin say it not his fw causing it not his fw

I don't have access to Broadcom's documentation on how LED behaviour is configured. All I could do is compare the values used by my firmware with those used by the stock firmware, I don't see why they would be different however, unless Asus changed them at some point.

Beside lacking access to documentation, this area of the code is a maze:

https://github.com/RMerl/asuswrt-merlin/blob/master/release/src/router/rc/watchdog.c#L1075

It's just not a priority, as this has zero impact on the router's functionality.

providing the asus build your using is the same build this FW is based off. if RMerlin say it not his fw causing it not his fw
Calm dude.
I don't have access to Broadcom's documentation on how LED behaviour is configured. All I could do is compare the values used by my firmware with those used by the stock firmware, I don't see why they would be different however, unless Asus changed them at some point.

Beside lacking access to documentation, this area of the code is a maze:

https://github.com/RMerl/asuswrt-merlin/blob/master/release/src/router/rc/watchdog.c#L1075

It's just not a priority, as this has zero impact on the router's functionality.
I didn't know how this stuff works, but thanks for reply, and of course, it's not a prio, but it is something what not working properly but I hope maybe you can fix it in the future.