What's new

68U Wireless connection causes problems

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

jogl

Occasional Visitor
Still working on getting 68U running better. Now I notice that when I connect to the router wirelessly, with my laptop, it causes the router to lose the ADSL connection. I must have something not set right in the wireless section. 2.4 is set to auto mode, channel 6 WPA2-Personal.

Computer is anNV59 Gateway. If it is connected via wire all is fine.

Any ideas?

The wireless connection or the ADSL(WAN) connection? What FW version?

Set a fixed channel instead 1,6 or 11 is recommended.

After searching around here some more I decided to try the factory reset, since I did not do that after I loaded 380.57 firmware. So far so good.

Also, I had noticed that it was just the 2.4GHz that was causing problems. The Roku TV gizmo worked just fine on 5GHz.

Update: Started screwing up again, will try earlier revision.

Last edited:
The problem is the driver, you need to use the old one to fix it.

Yes, you can also compile 380.57 with the old driver, it will also work.

So, I loaded 378.56_2 and all was well for three or four days. This morning I woke up early and decided that I would redo my notes on the LAN topology. While doing that I noticed that I had left the 2.4GHZ channel select at auto so I changed it to 11 thinking that I would avoid channel interference problems (the auto had selected 11 anyways, the two other WAP's nearby are set at ch's. 1 and 6.).

Well, same old story, the 68U kept losing the DSL connection. I put the channel selection back to auto and all seems good again.

What the heck?

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!