What's new

A confession - I may be guilty!

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

TheLyppardMan

Very Senior Member
I think I may be guilty of tinkering again!:D

From the photograph, you can see that I have swapped my original flash drive for an SSD drive. It's a SanDisk SSD PLUS 240 GB Sata III 2.5 Inch Internal SSD, Up to 530 MB/s, mounted in a UGREEN 2.5 Inch Hard Drive Enclosure, 5Gbps SSD Enclosure. I hope the sentence I receive won't be too severe!

IMG_1861.JPG

If you were based in the UK, your sentence would be very light .... as our prisons are full !!!

See [Jails to run out of space in days, governors warn] <=== This is 'Real' from BBC Website !!!???

I am not sure there is a 12 Step programme for 'Tinkering' ... I think you just have to live with it !!!

[From a fellow sufferer ... ;):eek:]

If you were based in the UK, your sentence would be very light .... as our prisons are full !!!

See [Jails to run out of space in days, governors warn] <=== This is 'Real' from BBC Website !!!???

I am not sure there is a 12 Step programme for 'Tinkering' ... I think you just have to live with it !!!

[From a fellow sufferer ... ;):eek:]
Oh, that's good. I'd forgotten about the situation with the prisons. Perhaps Sir Keir will grant me an amnesty for voting for his party in the general election.

You're not asking for help - good kind of tinkering 😎

... Perhaps Sir Keir will grant me an amnesty for voting for his party in the general election.
Trying not to be TOO political ... BUT ... 'Good Man', so did I !!! ...
Cue rousing strains of 'The people's flag is deepest red ...' Oops, 'Not allowed any more' ... 'Labour has changed' !!! :) <jk>

One question....Why?

I think I may be guilty of tinkering again!:D

From the photograph, you can see that I have swapped my original flash drive for an SSD drive. It's a SanDisk SSD PLUS 240 GB Sata III 2.5 Inch Internal SSD, Up to 530 MB/s, mounted in a UGREEN 2.5 Inch Hard Drive Enclosure, 5Gbps SSD Enclosure. I hope the sentence I receive won't be too severe!

View attachment 60028
Beautifully done!

Yes, at the risk of going off topic, it has been a few interesting days over in the UK...

Was talking with a friend over in Swindon (home of the roundabout from hell, along with the former Honda plant, etc) - he's a Tory, and was totally surprised at the recent outcome...

At least Lewis won F1 at Silverstone, and it's been a good long while since he's won a race.

It's your setup - at least the cost is reasonable...

SSD

U-Green SSD Enclosure...

I usually don't recommend hanging USB 3 devices off the router, as it's well known issue with 2.4GHz and noise levels...

(some people will say, it's fine if one has a well shielded cable - my answer there - "show me")

I keep one of the small SanDisk Ultra Fit thumb-drives for logging, as Synology does have a bit of a reputation for burning out the internal eMMC in certain configs... it doesn't need a cable... and I was a bit surprised, it's runs relatively cool - it's not the fastest thing, but it's more than good enough for the purpose at hand - and even there, since it's just collecting logs and reports, USB2 is really all I need.

Better cable management than my non existent cable management lol. Just hangs from the wall with cables going straight down to the desk below it. 😅

I should at least get more cable ties.

IMG_0272.jpeg

Yes I scrounged an old rockband usb hub I had laying around because both usb’s wouldn’t fit. 😂

Yes, at the risk of going off topic, it has been a few interesting days over in the UK...

Was talking with a friend over in Swindon (home of the roundabout from hell, along with the former Honda plant, etc) - he's a Tory, and was totally surprised at the recent outcome...

At least Lewis won F1 at Silverstone, and it's been a good long while since he's won a race.
Oh yes, the roundabout from hell; I'd forgotten about that and the first time I encountered it, I pulled over to study the information sign to try to work out how to navigate through the junction! For anyone unfamiliar with what we are talking about, you can see it in action here:

The picture in first post looks like it's all wallmounted... and the text under says RT-AX88 Pro.

All my research so far about the ax88 pro version, says it's not wall mountable. So my question is how did you do it?

Over the years I've been wall mounting numerous ac88 and ax88, just by popping out the rubber hole cover on the bacside, and there's been two slots facing the backside/upside which has made it possible to easliy wall mount the router. Do you know if it's the same on the pro version, or have you made your own solution of some sort?

Thank you for any helpful response to my question
20240714_204237.jpg

There
The picture in first post looks like it's all wallmounted... and the text under says RT-AX88 Pro.

All my research so far about the ax88 pro version, says it's not wall mountable. So my question is how did you do it?

Over the years I've been wall mounting numerous ac88 and ax88, just by popping out the rubber hole cover on the bacside, and there's been two slots facing the backside/upside which has made it possible to easliy wall mount the router. Do you know if it's the same on the pro version, or have you made your own solution of some sort?

Thank you for any helpful response to my questionView attachment 60166
There are wall mounting slots on the base.

Oh yes, the roundabout from hell; I'd forgotten about that and the first time I encountered it, I pulled over to study the information sign to try to work out how to navigate through the junction! For anyone unfamiliar with what we are talking about, you can see it in action here:

If that's not proper packet routing - hopefully few (or no) collisions there...

This is the sign going in - had to navigate this more than a few times during my site visits - compound that with driving the the right hand side as a driver that is used to driving from the left hand side of the car...

Magic_Roundabout_Schild_db.jpg

For those who have not had the privilege of jamming thru a roundabout...

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!