What's new

A Wireless Sharing Problems.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

iwod

Regular Contributor
I wanted to Share my VPN connection out, the simplest way would be an Site to Site VPN connection via DD -WRT on a Wireless Router. However since my router 's revision is too new, DD WRT does not support it yet.

So i decided to use my Computer as Internet Connection Server.

My Ethernet A is connected to an Local Network for Internet Connection, and Ethernet A has an fixed Local IP address.

My idea was to use VPN via Ethernet A, and then

1) Share my internet out via a USB 802.11n Dongle, however i need a range of up to 200 feet, which may be too large for a Dongle devices.

2) Use a USB to Ethernet Connection devices, and plug this Ethernet B to a Wireless Router WAN port, hoping that it hope work.

While the second idea sounds simple enough, it in fact does not work. Using Windows XP Internet Connection Sharing create even more problem with VPN, and Local network.

I am wondering if there are any other solution this problem? Or Would i have to buy a Massive Antenna dongle?

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!