What's new
  • SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The addon pixelserv-tls.add v3.11.5 is now available

This update adds a choice to install 32bit or 64bit Entware version for aarch64 based routers during a new install.
Use cu to update to this latest version.

Users bugged by the "preparing temporay whitelist" typo in the file update-hosts.add may use 12 to update both files.

excellent, just uninstalled and reinstalled, was given the option of 64bit for entware and choose that, will we see any advantages using 64bit option?

Adding support for such "just domains" lists is not planned for AB-Solution.
The main reason is, I cannot check that the file is compatible and usable as a hosts file in AB.
I would have to verify that each line is indeed a domain name, even if stripped of the comments. This is simple with a "IP domain.com" pair and also eliminates the need to check for incompatible uBlock filter lists.

Absolutely understand. And working within the limitations of shellscript is not my forte so I will easily draft up something offsite for my personal use.

A prime example of a major cause of problems is the "Site" entry in all of the isc.sans.edu files you linked:
Code:
Site
While the commented lines are stripped, what am I going to do with that Site line? What is it even doing there, un-commented?

That, my friend, is an excellent question. I never even noticed that.

Your reasoning is sound and I completely understand. Thanks again for your effort.

Also, for future internet readers, most of the addresses hosting the sites in the isc.sans.edu lists resolve to the same blocks in isc's IP Blocklist integrated by default into Skynet, which can be easily installed using thelonelycoder's excellent "amtm" utility. I am sure the same applies for a vast majority of domains in malwaredomains as well.

excellent, just uninstalled and reinstalled, was given the option of 64bit for entware and choose that, will we see any advantages using 64bit option?
There are many, google 32bit vs 64bit.

And working within the limitations of shellscript is not my forte so I will easily draft up something offsite for my personal use.
Pi-hole uses such lists and they do checks on it using bash, just as I would have to do in sh. A Raspberry Pi has a more powerful processor and much more RAM available than the routers that AB-Solution runs on.

There are many, google 32bit vs 64bit.

ah rite so works in same way as 32bit vs 64bit OS and 64bit CPU, i stupidly thought it would be different for router lol. Cheers.

The android amazon.com app doesn't seem to work despite whitelisting *.amazon.com domain in ab-solutions. Anyone have the same issue?
Yes. I stopped trying the amazon app and uninstalled it. I use a shortcut to amazon.ca instead.

@thelonelycoder I've notice with a new USB drive that is way bigger than the one I was using (switched from a 4GB to a 16GB) takes longer to respond to any command I put, does it has anything to do with the size?

@thelonelycoder I've notice with a new USB drive that is way bigger than the one I was using (switched from a 4GB to a 16GB) takes longer to respond to any command I put, does it has anything to do with the size?
IMHO No. What else is that drive expected to do?

Feature request being posted here as Github repo doesn't include addons.
update-hosts.add , ln 213. Can you allow already stripped lists such as https://mirror1 (.) malwaredomains (.) com/files/justdomains and similarly constructed formats to be accepted by the parser?

I cannot praise this project enough. Your work, along with the others associated on both pixelserv-tls and ab-solution projects protect and safeguard otherwise susceptible targets and vulnerable demographics. I am happy to deploy this on every setup I'm involved with.

Implement my feature request or not, I am extremely grateful for all of your work and the Merlin community.

-This is a throwaway, responses are unlikely.
Thanks again,
an internet dweller.

if you're following along and feel the same way as ThanksForThis, put your money where your mouth is: http://ab-solution.info/donate.html
He even takes bitcoin, in the spirit of decentralization and autonomy and privacy.

IMHO No. What else is that drive expected to do?
I also wanted a partition for storage, so I decided to put a bigger usb drive in, but before installing it I did a hard reset on the hardware and uploaded the last config file I have (384.4 beta3), and maybe that's the reason why it's responding slow in comparisson . I'll do a hard reset reconfigure everything manual and re check how much time it takes for each command ;)

I also wanted a partition for storage, so I decided to put a bigger usb drive in, but before installing it I did a hard reset on the hardware and uploaded the last config file I have (384.4 beta3), and maybe that's the reason why it's responding slow in comparisson . I'll do a hard reset reconfigure everything manual and re check how much time it takes for each command ;)
I have lots on my usb drive but no media. I have a swap as well (swap file not swap partition).

Yes. I stopped trying the amazon app and uninstalled it. I use a shortcut to amazon.ca instead.

My Amazon app works, with the following domains whitelisted (perhaps they aren't all needed, but I haven't tested the necessity of each):
z-na.amazon-adsystem.com
fls-na.amazon.com
aax-us-east.amazon-adsystem.com
aax-eu.amazon-adsystem.com
mads.amazon-adsystem.com
fls-na.amazon-adsystem.com
fls-eu.amazon.com
fls-eu.amazon.de
s.amazon-adsystem.com

I don't know if this this is the correct place for this question but here goes:

Recently, after purchasing an eero system, I put my Asus RT-AC66U back as my main router because I really missed the AB3 ad blocker and put the eeros in bridge mode. This turned out to work very well with the eeros handling the wireless connections throughout the house along with wired ports for some devices and the Asus router handling the rest. I was considering buying a Bitdefender Box 2 for my network for better security when someone mentioned that I would be better served by spending the $200 buying a new Asus RT-AC86U and installing my favorite AB-Solution along with some other scripts/apps like pixelserv-tls, entware, Skynet. AMTM, DnsCrypt, FreshJR with Adaptive QOS which of course the AC66U wouldn't support.

So my question is I know I read somewhere about the proper order to install the different scripts and have them install some of the items for the best results. My brand new shiny RT-AC86U is supposed to be arriving tomorrow and the first thing I plan on doing is loading Merlins v384.4. What I was hoping is for someone to point me in the right direction to the info on what to load next, etc...

Thanks in advance for anyone's help for a smooth transition.

I don't know if this this is the correct place for this question but here goes:

Recently, after purchasing an eero system, I put my Asus RT-AC66U back as my main router because I really missed the AB3 ad blocker and put the eeros in bridge mode. This turned out to work very well with the eeros handling the wireless connections throughout the house along with wired ports for some devices and the Asus router handling the rest. I was considering buying a Bitdefender Box 2 for my network for better security when someone mentioned that I would be better served by spending the $200 buying a new Asus RT-AC86U and installing my favorite AB-Solution along with some other scripts/apps like pixelserv-tls, entware, Skynet. AMTM, DnsCrypt, FreshJR with Adaptive QOS which of course the AC66U wouldn't support.

So my question is I know I read somewhere about the proper order to install the different scripts and have them install some of the items for the best results. My brand new shiny RT-AC86U is supposed to be arriving tomorrow and the first thing I plan on doing is loading Merlins v384.4. What I was hoping is for someone to point me in the right direction to the info on what to load next, etc...

Thanks in advance for anyone's help for a smooth transition.
Start by installing amtm. Then run the install for AB-Solution and include pixelserv-tls in the install process this will properly install Entware. Reload the amtm menu to get the colours. Next step could be DNSCrypt or Skynet but in Skynet or in amtm create a swap file as Skynet will require it on your model. If you go from AB-Solution to Skynet install; Skynet setup will require you to use a swap file. Your usb drive must be at least 500mb for this reason.

The addon pixelserv-tls.add v3.11.5 is now available

This update adds a choice to install 32bit or 64bit Entware version for aarch64 based routers during a new install.
Use cu to update to this latest version.

Users bugged by the "preparing temporay whitelist" typo in the file update-hosts.add may use 12 to update both files.

I'm installing amtm & ab-solution from 0. when selecting ps it does not offer's me to choose between 32 or 64 bit, how do I choose it? (I'm trying it on an AC88U)

I'm installing amtm & ab-solution from 0. when selecting ps it does not offer's me to choose between 32 or 64 bit, how do I choose it? (I'm trying it on an AC88U)
On your router choose 32

Status
Not open for further replies.