What's new

AC1900/AC68U Problems

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

iamsaint

New Around Here
I am having problems with 2 routers from T-Mobile.
I think I bricked the first one while trying to flash it with tomato, and I currently cannot seem to ping it anymore. I cannot get it into restoration mode either. See screenshot below.
JPEG image-78C2A739F892-1.jpeg

For the second one, I downgraded to the TMobile Firmware that allows telnet and that is all I have done so far. It stopped communicating after i copied the Original CFE, and now the only light on is the USB 2.0 not even the power led turns on.
JPEG image-6FA78695D8B2-1.jpeg

I need help please.

Have you tried to reset the NVRAM on either?

• Power off (wait about 10 seconds)
  • Press and hold the WPS button
  • Power back on while holding the WPS button continuously for 15-20 seconds

So no power light on first one and only a USB light on 2nd one?

Flashing Tomato typically won't brick an Asus because of restoration mode. Pulling a copy of the CFE off and placing on a USB stick does nothing to the router. No reason to cause any issues.

There's got to be something strange going on at your place to cause these to do that. No explanation or hints right now.

What command are you typing for the CFE backup? And what version of MTD are you using?

Also are you sure you are holding the WPS button when you tried to put into recovery mode? I thought I was the first time and I was holding the wrong button.

One thing to try it to open a command box up and start a persistent ping:

Set PC's IP to 192.168.1.2
Open Command Prompt
ping 192.168.1.1 -t

Reboot router and monitor the command window to see if there ANY responses to the ping over the next few minutes. If not, turn router off, press and hold the reset button and then power back on (Recovery mode). Again, check to see if any response to the ping at all.

If no response to any of the above, repeat the procedure with the following IP addresses:

Set PC's IP to 192.168.29.2
Open Command Prompt
ping 192.168.29.1 -t

Repeat above.

If any response at all, please report the mode (regular or recovery) and the IP address.

Use Asus official frimware Restor tools maybe its work

The router will not go into Restore more (recovery) so the restore tools will not work. The restore tools are just a glorified version of TFTP with a easier GUI.

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!