What's new

AC66U - Dont use default route for VPN Client

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

baxenko

New Around Here
Hello. I have a problem. When using VPN Client on the router, the default connection route becomes the VPN connection. How can I use the default route of my provider with a client? And some addresses routit on vpn?
Bezymiannyi.png

Bezymiannyi.png

Last edited:
There's an option on the client for setting whether the default gw is set as your local connection or the remote. This is true for all for both pptp and OpenVPN.

There's an option you can change in the OpenVPN configuration so it generates the profile appropriately.

Sent from MI 5 running Pixel Experience

Ah, I see. Sorry I'd assumed the client wasn't the router. Having a quick look I can see the option for OpenVPN but not for pptp.

Assuming the original default gateway isn't removed and a new one is added, you'll have to manually/script in the removal of the default route that it created (ip route delete default via $ip device $int).

I haven't looked but there may be an ifup script or hook you can take advantage of. It's not ideal.

Sent from MI 5 running Pixel Experience

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!