What's new

AC87U 384.13 guest network lost Internet access

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

deham

New Around Here
After upgraded to 384.13 my AC87U is having strange problem. Wireless clients are able to connect to the Guest wifi and get IP address from DHCP properly but no Internet access. Same device works fine access Internet if switch to regular wifi regardless 2.4g or 5g. I tried factory reset and keep all configuration at minimal level but still same problem. Google search doesn't seem show anything similar. Desperately need help please!

After upgraded to 384.13 my AC87U is having strange problem. Wireless clients are able to connect to the Guest wifi and get IP address from DHCP properly but no Internet access. Same device works fine access Internet if switch to regular wifi regardless 2.4g or 5g. I tried factory reset and keep all configuration at minimal level but still same problem. Google search doesn't seem show anything similar. Desperately need help please!

In the github, there is a commit from RMerlin (4 July) introducing a new wireless driver for the RT AC87U in the 384.13 alphas, coming from the last ASUS FW for this model: Updated RT-AC87U wireless driver to 382_51640 release.

Just to be sure it is not producing the problem, try installing again FW 384.12, or even better, try before a complete reset after the installation of FW 384.13 introducing manually all your settings to discard problems of not compatible data between versions.

That driver is only for the 2.4 GHz band. The 5 GHz driver hasn't changed in over two years now.