What's new

AdGuardHome AdGuardHome New Release's 2023

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been using AdGuard Home for a few months on an Asus ax86u with good results. Five block lists and almost everything on in Blocked services.

My lists:

Screenshot from 2023-06-28 07-52-02.png

With them I get 93% on this test:

Screenshot from 2023-06-28 08-28-05.png

So I'm happy with that. The router is around 64% of RAM usage after 13 days uptime. I manually update lists every 5 days or so.

Screenshot from 2023-06-28 08-00-08.png

Screenshot from 2023-06-28 08-00-51.png

I'm new in here and English is not my natural language, so if something looks funny, you know why. I mostly wanted to thank everyone involved for getting AdGuard Home in Asus routers in an easy way!

Is it possible to flush query?

I'm trying to install AdguardHome with Unbound (default settings), as well as Skynet (both Unbound & Skynet already installed).

During the initial setup questions asked for AdguardHome, do I simply answer "yes" to all questions?

I like to keep everything pretty much as default setup (within AG). Basically try it similar to when I use Diversion.

I tried searching but could not locate a simple setup and how to answer each specific question so I stopped installing i.e. since I already have Unbound installed: AG questions at setup:

1. Run All DNS resolutions thru Adguard: y/n?
2. Custom-DNS resolutions thru Adguard: y/n?
3. Next question....y/n?

I apologize if this has been asked before and hope anyone may be able to assist. Thanks!!!

Last edited:
I'm trying to install AdguardHome with Unbound (default settings), as well as Skynet (both Unbound & Skynet already installed).

During the initial setup questions asked for AdguardHome, do I simply answer "yes" to all questions?

I like to keep everything pretty much as default setup (within AG). Basically try it similar to when I use Diversion.

I tried searching but could not locate a simple setup and how to answer each specific question so I stopped installing i.e. since I already have Unbound installed: AG questions at setup:

1. Run All DNS resolutions thru Adguard: y/n?
2. Custom-DNS resolutions thru Adguard: y/n?
3. Next question....y/n?

I apologize if this has been asked before and hope anyone may be able to assist. Thanks!!!
Code:
=>  Do you want to redirect all DNS resolutions on your network through to AdGuardHome? [y/n]: y
 Info:  You can choose to keep any custom dnsfilter values by only redirect non-custom traffic or send all traffic through to AdGuardHome.
 =>  Do you want to redirect only NON-CUSTOM DNS resolutions on your network through to AdGuardHome? [y/n]: y
 Info:  DNSFilter is set to control DNS through to AdGuardHome, while leaving any Custom Rules and Values.
 Info:  Checking AdGuardHome configuration...
 =>  Do you want to skip reconfiguration options? [y/n]: y

that is typically how I answer.

@SomeWhereOverTheRainBow
There seems to be an error with static.adguard.com; details below.

Please consider downloading from github.com or using it as fallback.
If I understand the variables correctly it would be https://github.com/AdguardTeam/AdGuardHome/releases/download/${ADGUARDHOME_VER}/${ADGUARD_TAR}

---
curl --head -v https://static.adguard.com/adguardhome/beta/AdGuardHome_linux_arm64.tar.gz

* Trying 143.244.51.207:443...
* connect to 143.244.51.207 port 443 failed: Connection timed out
* Trying 89.187.187.12:443...
* connect to 89.187.187.12 port 443 failed: Connection timed out
* Trying 89.187.187.14:443...
* connect to 89.187.187.14 port 443 failed: Connection timed out
* Trying 89.187.187.20:443...
* connect to 89.187.187.20 port 443 failed: Connection timed out
* Failed to connect to static.adguard.com port 443 after 30365 ms: Couldn't connect to server
* Closing connection 0
curl: (28) Failed to connect to static.adguard.com port 443 after 30365 ms: Couldn't connect to server

@SomeWhereOverTheRainBow Not sure what's up with the installer, I've tried different three releases, wiped my router and still fails to work. Everytime I install it is successful where it says "Manage in GUI" gives me the standard but doesn't define the port, http://192.168.50.1:. that's how it's coming up everytime after an install, as stated wiped my router 3 times, it's the Pro Version of the RT-AX86U.
1688740970641.png

Last edited:
I just installed it yesterday and it was port 3000, though it didn't tell me either.

@SomeWhereOverTheRainBow Not sure what's up with the installer, I've tried different three releases, wiped my router and still fails to work. Everytime I install it is successful where it says "Manage in GUI" gives me the standard but doesn't define the port, http://192.168.50.1:. that's how it's coming up everytime after an install, as stated wiped my router 3 times, it's the Pro Version of the RT-AX86U.
View attachment 51548
I just installed it yesterday and it was port 3000, though it didn't tell me either.
You guys will have to uninstall, and reinstall. Make sure to get screenshots of the actual terminal install process. This is critical for me to know if there are any errors in the process during your install.

@SomeWhereOverTheRainBow

If I understand the variables correctly it would be https://github.com/AdguardTeam/AdGuardHome/releases/download/${ADGUARDHOME_VER}/${ADGUARD_TAR}

---
curl --head -v https://static.adguard.com/adguardhome/beta/AdGuardHome_linux_arm64.tar.gz

* Failed to connect to static.adguard.com port 443 after 30365 ms: Couldn't connect to server
* Closing connection 0
curl: (28) Failed to connect to static.adguard.com port 443 after 30365 ms: Couldn't connect to server

@SomeWhereOverTheRainBow have you seen/checked this?
This is an upgrade, not a fresh install.
The error is it will try 3 times and fail using the static.adguard.com link.

@SomeWhereOverTheRainBow

---

* Closing connection 0
This clearly indicates you are not able to connect to either of those IP addresses. It is quite possible it is being blocked by skynet if you have that installed. Otherwise it is your ISP blocking it. Perhaps you need to whitelist those IP addresses.

@SomeWhereOverTheRainBow have you seen/checked this?
This is an upgrade, not a fresh install.
The error is it will try 3 times and fail using the static.adguard.com link.

There is nothing I can do when you router is refusing to connect to the address.

I am not having this problem using the installer.

Last edited:
This clearly indicates you are not able to connect to either of those IP addresses. It is quite possible it is being blocked by skynet if you have that installed. Otherwise it is you a ISP blocking it. Perhaps you need to whitelist those IP addresses.

I don’t have Skynet or Diversion.
I can also confirm my local (AGH itself) and upstream (NextDNS) DNS do not block it; it clearly resolves to 3 IP addresses.

Can you confirm that the static.adguard.com link works for you now?
It only started failing with the .37 AGH beta, so about 3 weeks ago and still failing to date.

Last edited:
I can also confirm my local (AGH itself) and upstream (NextDNS) DNS do not block it; it clearly resolves to 3 IP addresses.

It only started failing with the .37 AGH beta, so about 3 weeks ago and still filing to date.
I can confirm it works for me no problem. Have you tried different dns servers? Maybe your nextdns is suffering a dns poisoning and is failing to resolve to the proper ip addresses.

It only started failing with the .37 AGH beta, so about 3 weeks ago and still filing to date.
If I were you, I would try pinging each one of those IP addresses, if your ping is not returned, then you are being prevented from connecting. If you are able to ping the IP addresses, the next step is to try different DNS servers because nextdns could be resolving the incorrect IP addresses.

You guys will have to uninstall, and reinstall. Make sure to get screenshots of the actual terminal install process. This is critical for me to know if there are any errors in the process during your install.
It's working fine. I was just telling him what port it was using.

It's working fine. I was just telling him what port it was using.
Sounds like it is not fully installing. Perhaps you guys had to complete the install from the adguardhome webui. If this is the case, then something in your install process didn't work correctly. One of the common errors is people try to install without ensuring entware is up-to-date first. This usually results in the python packages for setting the password not to install and the password not being setup in the terminal session. This all results in a partial install without the .yaml file being generated by the installer. Thus the webui defaults to 3000 instead of the one the installer uses.

Edit:

I see what happen.

Adguardhome switched from bind_port to displaying the port number on address: in the .yaml file.

Last edited:
Sounds like it is not fully installing. Perhaps you guys had to complete the install from the adguardhome webui. If this is the case, then something in your install process didn't work correctly. One of the common errors is people try to install without ensuring entware is up-to-date first. This usually results in the python packages for setting the password not to install and the password not being setup in the terminal session. This all results in a partial install without the .yaml file being generated by the installer. Thus the webui defaults to 3000 instead of the one the installer uses.

My port is at 3000 as well. Did a fresh install on everything quite recently. Everything works so didn't change anything there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!