What's new

Advice for small network

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Pegazz

New Around Here
[EDIT]I believe I posted that in the wrong section, sorry :-(

Hi everyone,

First I'd like to say that I'm sorry if I don't use the correct terminology, I'm not a pro nor is English my first language. I hope you'll be able to understand my blahblah and correct me where I'm wrong :)

I'm looking for an advice to change the setup of my home network. Here is an image of the actual disposition : http://s11.postimg.org/mv7wodlgj/network.png

The ISP modem/router hosts the DHCP and is wireless enabled. The Wireless AP is actually a D-Link wireless router configured to just bridge the connection for a bunch of (wired or not) devices. The switch is an unmanaged one.

What I'd like to do is to separate the devices connecting to the "Wireless AP" of the rest of the network, still allowing internet connectivity, without modifying anything "before" the wireless AP. What I had in mind was to setup, one way or another, a gateway + DHCP somewhere between the switch and the wireless AP, but I'm not sure if it's the "right solution", nor how to do it.

How would you do this ? :)

Last edited:

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!