What's new

AIMesh Lan Speed halfed

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem isn’t internet speed. Is lan speed. I have all wireless or wired card that are almost 2900 Mbps.. if they are connected through gigabit Ethernet I have a bottleneck in it and the lan speed must be about 100mb. No? Now I make another proof. I connect router and node with Ethernet cable and then I try to transfer a file from Nas to Pc wireless and then, I connect also pc wireless to node with Ethernet and make proof...

I hope that if I connect all with Ethernet cable the speed should be maximum, no?

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk Pro
i don't quite understand what your setup is here
but to my knowledge both aimesh router and node are dual band
if they are connected using a wireless backhaul you speed will be reduced about half due to both routers radios doing twice the work

talking about link speed from a nas over an router to the main router using wireless backhaul results vary
if the nas connected to a router or node using ethernet for the transmission you should have no bottle necks
try using a different cable or ensuring the ethernet port on both devices support gigabit base-T (1000 MBPS)

nas -> router \\wireless backhaul\\ node -> pc
is a bottleneck, or any configuration similar to this using a wireless backhaul in the middle of this connection

nas -> router or node -> pc
shouldnt be any bottlenecks, devices should run at full link speeds

This is a five-year-old thread and the RT-AC86U mentioned will probably have died by now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!