What's new

amtm Amtm (sunsetting) of Yaz addons

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

DJones

Very Senior Member
Respectfully I would like to thank @Jack Yaz for his development on Asus routers.

However I would like to pose a question on if his addon’s should be marked as deprecated or stale, or sunsetted if there is little development on the asus side.

Well I do see some git updates, going into the future with the newer codebases such as 3006, the question should be asked at some point if leaving addon’s with limited support on AMTM, should be listed without warnings. From a support standpoint without an active maintainer or development users on newer builds will have more support related issues with these addon’s. @thelonelycoder

Further if amtm could display in menu the last release date for the master branch of any addon for any developer that kind of information could be useful in determining compatibility before installing addon’s.

IMG_0285.jpeg

If Jack Yaz is maintaining his addon’s actively and I’m mistaken I apologize if this comes off as rude, I’m merely looking at this in a way to reduce support related issues or confusion to users.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Other developers have stepped in to provide maintenance updates.

@DJones, if you see some of the recent discussions on Jack Yaz's addon's you'll see that user @Martinski has taken over the reigns so to speak with fixing some of the issues with the various Yaz addon's. For example some updates to spdMerlin & connmon to address compatibility issues people using the GT-BE98 Pro (Merlin 3006.102.1_beta1) have uncovered.
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/c...ons-with-gt-be98-pro.90657/page-4#post-916217

Wonderful. @Martinski appreciate you maintaining Yaz addon’s.

Does amtm pull from Yaz’s or a fork of your repository? Since the addon catalog still points to Jacks git repository. At least in terms of yazfi it looks like Jack updated yazfi about 8 months ago.

Edit: yes that looks to be the case, the develop branch is more up-to-date then master. Looks like Jack pulls back from martinski’s git to keep both git repository’s the same. Just confusing as it make’s the main active maintainer look like Jack.

https://github.com/Martinski4GitHub/YazFi/tree/develop

Last edited: