What's new

amtm amtm - the Asuswrt-Merlin Terminal Menu

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Wow, just found out in USB 2.0 mode, both USB 2.0 and 3.0 ports working, however in USB 3.0 mode, only the USB 2.0 port working!.

L&LD is right on!

Yes, I have seen that too. It seems to be dependant on the USB 3.0 drive used, but I did not do further testing after I saw negligible differences in everyday use of amtm + scripts. :)

@thelonelycoder is there any update about Fresh QoS? [emoji4]

Sent from my SM-G965F Duos

Thanks for the update. I'm anxious to start using it through amtm (didn't make use of it, prefered waiting to be added to amtm)

Sent from my SM-G965F Duos
I'm aware that my requirement(s) to include FreshJR in amtm demand a substantial rewrite of the code.
It may never be done if the author deems it impossible or not worth his time.

I've noticed two "anomalies" with fd).

First, when using John's fork and a device that only contains NTFS partitions the device isn't displayed as an option to format. This is because the driver used in John's fork is ufsd and not ntfs or tntfs.

Second, when the script tries to check the maximum disk size the test generates a syntax error when used on GPT disks:
Code:
 Select device [1-2 e=Exit] + read -r device
+ break
+ eval mtddev=$mounts2
+ mtddev=/tmp/mnt/sdb3
+ df /tmp/mnt/sdb3
+ xargs
+ awk {print $8}
+ devtf=/dev/sdb3
+ fdisk -l
+ grep -w /dev/sdb
+ awk {print $5}
+ devtfsize=28.9G
+ [ 28.9G ]
+ [ 28.9G -gt 2000000000000 ]
[: 28.9G: bad number
+ print_end_line
This is because the output format of fdisk is slightly different for GPT disks. I suggest you grep the contents of /proc/partitions instead which returns the size in KiB (not blocks as the header suggests :rolleyes:). Alternatively you could use /sys/block/<device>/size which returns the size in blocks (you'd also have to detect the block size).

I've noticed two "anomalies" with fd).

First, when using John's fork and a device that only contains NTFS partitions the device isn't displayed as an option to format. This is because the driver used in John's fork is ufsd and not ntfs or tntfs.

Second, when the script tries to check the maximum disk size the test generates a syntax error when used on GPT disks:
Code:
 Select device [1-2 e=Exit] + read -r device
+ break
+ eval mtddev=$mounts2
+ mtddev=/tmp/mnt/sdb3
+ df /tmp/mnt/sdb3
+ xargs
+ awk {print $8}
+ devtf=/dev/sdb3
+ fdisk -l
+ grep -w /dev/sdb
+ awk {print $5}
+ devtfsize=28.9G
+ [ 28.9G ]
+ [ 28.9G -gt 2000000000000 ]
[: 28.9G: bad number
+ print_end_line
This is because the output format of fdisk is slightly different for GPT disks. I suggest you grep the contents of /proc/partitions instead which returns the size in KiB (not blocks as the header suggests :rolleyes:). Alternatively you could use /sys/block/<device>/size which returns the size in blocks (you'd also have to detect the block size).
Thanks for reporting and the very welcome suggestions how to correct it. I'll get to is as soon as time allows.

I'm aware that my requirement(s) to include FreshJR in amtm demand a substantial rewrite of the code.
It may never be done if the author deems it impossible or not worth his time.

Its on the todo list. I like to push large updates. No need for sarcastic jabs.

Initially it was the only thing on the list. Then next day a bug report of a glitched state && few feature requests creeped in.

https://www.snbforums.com/threads/r...and-inner-workings.36836/page-150#post-479674

The first lliine is what I meant:
No results found for ......

As for the loss of words, my comment is not meant to be disrespectful.

Is ntpd not available in the backports repo?

It is; but the OP in the 'ntpMerlin - Installer for kvic NTP Daemon' thread states:

Supported Models

All modes supported by Asuswrt-Merlin. Models confirmed to work are below:
  • RT-AC66U_B1
  • RT-AC68U
  • RT-AC86U
  • RT-AC88U
  • RT-AX88U

It is; but the OP in the 'ntpMerlin - Installer for kvic NTP Daemon' thread states:

Supported Models

All modes supported by Asuswrt-Merlin. Models confirmed to work are below:
  • RT-AC66U_B1
  • RT-AC68U
  • RT-AC86U
  • RT-AC88U
  • RT-AX88U
Ok, that list is based on user reports (and out of date as other models have been tested and confirmed working)

If it works on your MIPS router then great - it's not listed currently as I have no way of testing it.

Ok, that list is based on user reports (and out of date as other models have been tested and confirmed working)

If it works on your MIPS router then great - it's not listed currently as I have no way of testing it.

Maybe this should be in the NTP daemon thread, I'm running on a RT-AC66u with John's fork (latest version):

I chose menu option 8

cp: can't stat '/www/require/modules/menuTree.js': No such file or directory
sed: /tmp/menuTree.js: No such file or directory
cp: can't stat '/tmp/menuTree.js': No such file or directory
mount: mounting /jffs/scripts/custom_menuTree.js on /www/require/modules/menuTree.js failed: No such file or directory
This is where kvic's Step 5 instructions forked depending upon firmware version (FW version <= 380.67)

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!