What's new

Any update on Quantenna products?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

MU-MIMO does require support on both ends of the link because it uses a more complex form of beamforming.

But MU-MIMO enabled routers can handle clients that do and don't support MU-MIMO. You just don't get the advantage of MU-MIMO with clients that don't support it.

I will have more details on both MU-MIMO and Broadcom xStream soon. I am out in the Valley this week doing research. I'll just say for now I am much less skeptical of AC3200's benefit.

It would be interesting if you could talk about how the manufacturers do their testing. What tools and techniques look good or not-so-good to you? What new features will you be looking forward to trying out?

It would be interesting if you could talk about how the manufacturers do their testing. What tools and techniques look good or not-so-good to you? What new features will you be looking forward to trying out?
It is way too early for MU-MIMO testing. Products just are not ready.

Both MU-MIMO and Broadcom's XStream architecture will require some level of multi-client testing. That's about all I can say for now.