What's new

any wireless routers compatible with android usb tether?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

teknojnky

I'd like to start using my phone as my primary internet connection, if I can find a router which will use android's usb tether connection..

does anyone know of, or used their phone and router in this manner?

The freeware that I have for Android (HTC) tethers a PC via USB to the phone and to the Internet. No router I've heard of that can do this.

Other options:
Pay for Verizon (or other) WiFi tether service. About $20 on top of your cellular data service

Get a cellular data modem in USB form and use that with a Cradlepoint router. But the modem is yet another monthly cost.

Consider too the data cap on cellular data. Often 5GB. If used extensively in lieu of cablem modem or DSL, you'll hit the cap.

And 3G cellular is too slow for desktop use.
I'm using Verizon 4G in one of their initial 30 markets. Its speed makes it viable for replacing cable/DSL, but there's still the cap issue.
Indeed, the upstream speed in Verizon's 4G LTE is much faster than even cable modem upstream.

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!