What's new

Anyway to pause or abort "smart sync" process

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

minilude

Occasional Visitor
Router :AC68U-Merlin@380.62.1

Is there a way to pause or kill/abort the synchronization process when it is half in the way? I was trying to force it stop because there was a large .iso file being synchronized and I thought it was too slow, but found no way to stop it. Tried to slide off the feature button and delete all server address and rebooted the router. but when I later trying the smart sync feature again by sync-ing another smaller folder(just with a few test.txt file in it) at a new smb server address, after the sync is done the previous big .iso surprisingly showed up and being sync to the completely new "Test" folder . Seems like the old process that I was trying to kill carry forwarded to the later new sync process (even if the folder path and server path has completely changed)? then I needed to sit for half an hour and waited for it to complete, which I wouldn't think it a smart thing...lol

should it be a way to cleanly pause or kill the process or when disabling the feature it should check the sync process isn't running?

Also I found if the server settings are wrong, the process will stuck at "INITIAL" (because obviously it cannot connect), simply correcting the setting and hit "apply" does not work. It just stuck at "INITIAL". have to delete the rule, disable the feature and reboot the router and enter the setting correctly and freshly

Just think if there is an option to kill/abort the half way process it would be better?

Last edited:

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!