What's new

Asus ac3200 and ac68u

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

siri_uk

Occasional Visitor
Hi guys,

I have been using a rt-ac68 router, I have managed to get hold of a ac3200. I want to connect the 2 together and use the ac68 as a vpn with my windscribe account for the streaming boxes and iptv and the ac3200 as my main router for everything else (phones, pc etc). What would be the easiest way to link them..lan to lan, lan to wan or wireless?

Hi.
Do you really need two routers/ac-points to get enough Wifi signals? The AC3200 will be better for VPN because of CPU.
But here goes my suggestion: Internet -> AC3200 WAN and AC3200 LAN -> AC68 WAN.
Always use cables if possible, because of speed and security.

Regards

Hi.
Do you really need two routers/ac-points to get enough Wifi signals? The AC3200 will be better for VPN because of CPU.
But here goes my suggestion: Internet -> AC3200 WAN and AC3200 LAN -> AC68 WAN.
Always use cables if possible, because of speed and security.

Regards

I'd agree with Stardust for the most part. The only real point of connecting the two would be to extend your wireless coverage and availability. If that's the case, use the ac3200 as your primary router and VPN. Use the AC68 in AP mode effectively making it transparent. You can advertise a different SSID than the AC3200 and have wireless and available wired ports that will not be subject to double NAT.

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

Hi.

I agree with you roguetr, I just not made it clear enough. I was mainly writing about the connection...

Your answer was spot on with answering exactly what was asked. I just gave my opinion and said what you alluded to :D

Sent from my SM-T815Y using Tapatalk