What's new

Asus AC87u upgrading to AC3200

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Maikel

Occasional Visitor
Hi,

2 weeks ago i bought the AC87u, but im stil having some issues with the 2,4Ghz connection. in the middel of something it drops my connection for 20 seconds, the wifi stays connected. After the 20 seconds i can browse the internet again. I already tried diffrent firmwares, also changed some settings but stil on al my devices the same story.

I was thinking to get the AC 3200, is this a good choice?

sure i have had the 3200 running as my main gateway for a while and it worked great , the 87u started to lag with the latest couple of firmware's

Are there any people who upgraded from the ac87u to the ac3200? Is it worth? and do i need the mu-mimo on the AC-87U in the next couple of years? or is the tri-band beter or enough?

2 weeks ago i bought the AC87u, but im stil having some issues with the 2,4Ghz connection. in the middel of something it drops my connection for 20 seconds, the wifi stays connected. After the 20 seconds i can browse the internet again. I already tried diffrent firmwares, also changed some settings but stil on al my devices the same story.

AC87U to AC3200 - it's a bit of a side-grade, and trading issues with one (Quantenna madness) for issues with another (Broadcom SmartConnect)

Might consider the RT-AC3100/RT-AC88U, as this is newer code, and more capable if you want to stay in the Asus camp...

or fall back to the tried/true RT-AC68* series - AC1900 class is the best value for the money, IMHO...

AC87U to AC3200 - it's a bit of a side-grade, and trading issues with one (Quantenna madness) for issues with another (Broadcom SmartConnect)

Might consider the RT-AC3100/RT-AC88U, as this is newer code, and more capable if you want to stay in the Asus camp...

or fall back to the tried/true RT-AC68* series - AC1900 class is the best value for the money, IMHO...

Do i know if the Quantenna problem wil be fix, just like the android battery drain on the ac87u. Because i see on the forum that quantenna has given up on their chipset.

Im going the bring back the AC87u, wich one should i get?

netgear nighthawk x6 tri band or the asus ac3200.

Im going the bring back the AC87u, wich one should i get?

netgear nighthawk x6 tri band or the asus ac3200.

I had the RT-AC87U and was having issues with the 5ghz band and returned it and bought the RT-AC3200. It ran great for a couple weeks and then I lost the 2ghz band and was getting constant error codes in the log. Turned out my Sonos Bridge that was wired was causing the errors. As soon as I got rid of the Bridge and just connected the Sonos Connect wirelessly to the router the errors went away and the AC3200 has become really stable.

I had the RT-AC87U and was having issues with the 5ghz band and returned it and bought the RT-AC3200. It ran great for a couple weeks and then I lost the 2ghz band and was getting constant error codes in the log. Turned out my Sonos Bridge that was wired was causing the errors. As soon as I got rid of the Bridge and just connected the Sonos Connect wirelessly to the router the errors went away and the AC3200 has become really stable.

Do u use 1 SSID for both 5Ghz channels ?