What's new

Struggling with Asus ZenWiFi BE30000 aka 3 node BQ16 Pro bundle

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I just purchased the 3 pack yesterday. I'm having issues with Sonos and Blink cameras (with OOTB settings). I did set up a separate IoT network as part of the setup instructions asked for. I have tried connected the Blink to both networks (main + IoT), and neither worked. Blink support says it's network congestion and packet loss, but I'm having a hard time believing that given 90% of my devices are working. Any suggestions? I had Eero before with 0 issues but hated the lack of flexibility. I have 60 day return so maybe these will be going back....

I just purchased the 3 pack yesterday. I'm having issues with Sonos and Blink cameras (with OOTB settings). I did set up a separate IoT network as part of the setup instructions asked for. I have tried connected the Blink to both networks (main + IoT), and neither worked. Blink support says it's network congestion and packet loss, but I'm having a hard time believing that given 90% of my devices are working. Any suggestions? I had Eero before with 0 issues but hated the lack of flexibility. I have 60 day return so maybe these will be going back....
I had to disable the wifi7 and then sonos work, I think wifi 7 requires a higher standard than wpa2 and sonos can respond to it...my 2 Sonos moves were dead until I disabled the wifi7 (I didn't create a separate IOT channel as I'd have had to rename all my IOT devices to find the new ssid.

Disabling wifi7 did fix the Sonos. Now I'm troubleshooting blink and ring. Ring cameras are not refreshing or seeing the network to join. I wonder long term how we can handle this problem if we want to use WiFi 7? Create a separate network? But ideally your phone is on the same network so you can manage the Sonos system.

YEah was thinking about that...it would still be on the same network just accessing via a different ssid, Its a thought I've not put into practice ...and while i'm still trying to tweak settings for reliability with iphone and ipad (consistent internet connectivity) I thought it I had to end up with another SSID I'd donate my core SSID as the legacy and create a new on for teh modern kit...I hates change and this Wifi 7 is a damn nuasance lol.

@dh4 do you have WPA2 enabled on your WiFi? I know Ring did have a warning about wpa3 on their site recently.

The main network is WPA2/WPA3-Personal and the "IoT" network is WPA2-Personal. I was finally able to get the Ring to connect to the "IoT" network. Interestingly enough, it couldn't even see the main network. I saw my neighbors SSIDs, but not the main. The blink cameras will connect to wifi but I can't connect to any of the cameras from the blink connect module. It's a nightmare.

I have a single BQ16 Pro. Ended up with 3 separate SSIDs, (no IoT network, gave up on that). They are all the same SSID and password: 2.5 and 5 GHz SmartConnected WPA2/WPA3, 6 GHz-1 WPA3 (WiFi 7 toggled OFF), and 6 GHz-2 WPA3 (WiFi 7 toggled ON). So far so good.

Reactions: dh4
The main network is WPA2/WPA3-Personal and the "IoT" network is WPA2-Personal. I was finally able to get the Ring to connect to the "IoT" network. Interestingly enough, it couldn't even see the main network. I saw my neighbors SSIDs, but not the main. The blink cameras will connect to wifi but I can't connect to any of the cameras from the blink connect module. It's a nightmare.
I had the same issue of not being able to see the SSID saw ALL of the neighbors' but not my own. This was the fix and the OP posted a screenshot of this setting:
FWIW, I was able to fix my IoT issue (same as OP had) by only changing one setting. "Modulation Scheme (WiFi 5)" set to "Up to MCS 7 (802.11n)". This setting is located at: {Left Bar} Advanced Settings > Wireless > {top tab} Professional. It is the 8th item from the bottom. Hope this helps someone else prevent the spontaneous acceleration of a brand new router into the nearest solid structure.

As soon as I made that change, all my devices could see my IoT SSID and they have been connected all week. Many of my items are older Kasa smart switches, plugs, and off-brand light bulbs.

I applied your setting early on, so it may have helped (I forgot I did, but it's still set)... this could be why it finally saw the "IoT" network... but still can't see the main. I just joined a blink cam 20 ft off the ground 2 mins ago, and still... couldn't see the main :D.

For anyone with Sonos, here's what worked for me:
1) Disable Wi-Fi 7 on the main network
2) Go to Sonos app, your system devices should appear
3) Re-enable Wi-Fi 7 (if you want / need it)
4) Notice that all Sonos devices get moved to the "IoT" network

@workin247365, interestingly enough I had zero issues with Kasa devices (I have 20+).... The troublesome ones are Blink (still looking into it), Ring stick up cams, and Sonos.

For those with Peloton devices, I also was able to get those easily connected to the "IoT" network, they wouldn't pair with main.

An observation... the "IoT" network isn't a "security" network, it appears to be some logical separation of the main, but all devices can communicate bi-directionally over both. If you want a true "IoT" VLAN, maybe you have to create a separate one or explore applying some settings on the one created on setup.... that's for another day.

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!