What's new

Release ASUS GT-AX6000 Firmware version 3.0.0.6.102_34791

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I also see such entries in the log. There have been about 12 entries in the last 8 days
Code:
Jan  1 00:00:28 kernel: Firmware loading completed successfully: v2.2.8

I think this happens when we make changes to the WIFI settings

Last edited:
I also see such entries in the log. There have been about 12 entries in the last 8 days
Code:
Jan  1 00:00:28 kernel: Firmware loading completed successfully: v2.2.8

I think this happens when we make changes to the WIFI settings
I didn't change any settings. I wasn't even logged into the router at the time. I only noticed. because I was awake at the time and my Wifi went down.

This happens when you restart the router. I just checked and 2 such entries appear during restart

Well then the router just randomly restarted on its own. It had only been up for about a week. Before I upgraded the uptime was 84 days and I had restarted it.

I returned my router to the customer service center and got a refurbished one.
I can successfully update to 3.0.0.6.102_34791 now.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if this fixes the WAN DHCP bug with very short (1-2 min) DHCP lease times?

I had DHCP errors daily that required a router reboot when using Verizon 5G Home in passthrough mode to my GT-AX6000. Switched to an older GT-AC2900 as main router (disabled WiFi) and put my GT-AX6000 in AP mode. The GT-AC2900 has worked flawlessly with Verizon.

My GT-AX6000 rebooted on its own again. That's the second time since installing this firmware. The first time after 9 days, this time after 21 days. I was uploading about 40 GB of files while streaming Netflix and it just rebooted. I checked the logs, but there's no reason given. My uptime under the previous firmware was over 81 days.

Okay, that's not normal for the GT-AX6000! For the last weekish I've been playing with a USB-SCSI-SSD stick that I know used to cause kernel panics on the RT-AC86u. This included some massive file transfers, and there's been no misbehaviour yet!
*I'm running near vanilla Merlin at the moment; just diversion and a couple of short and dirty scripts.
**How long a guarantee did you get with the GT-AX6000? Mine came with 5 years (maybe that's an EU/UK thing)!

Not having any issues.
1719150065706.png

My GT-AX6000 rebooted on its own again. That's the second time since installing this firmware. The first time after 9 days, this time after 21 days. I was uploading about 40 GB of files while streaming Netflix and it just rebooted. I checked the logs, but there's no reason given. My uptime under the previous firmware was over 81 days.
Hi, I had the same issue , my GT-AX6000 were rebooting after some time when I did the upgrade.
What I did was to manually instal the firmware , reboot as requested and then Reboot again. Yes 2 times. That seemed to have fixed the constant reboots.

Although I have a new issue with this latest firmware. My webcam smart-plugs etc that were connected to the 2,4Ghz wifi no longer can connect. But they can if I enable the wifi on a cheap router and create a wifi with the same name (of course i disable it on the Asus)
Any idea on this?
Edit: I followed what others wrote here and switch to a different WiFi authentication method and then switch back it is resolved. https://www.snbforums.com/threads/gt-ax6000-some-devices-cannot-connect-via-wifi.84871/

Last edited:
I’ll probably jinx myself, but I haven’t had a reboot since I posted on June 22 (almost 2 months). I didn’t make any changes.

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!