What's new

Asus Merlin Tor Settings - Can I apply for specific port(s), not just MAC(s)?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

MNoisy

Regular Contributor
I am using the Tor settings on my rt-ac3200 to successfully protect traffic on one of my Synology NAS'. Everything works properly but ideally I want to only route traffic from a specific port on the NAS.

Since I have other apps running on the NAS, specifically CrashPlan backing up to the cloud, it severely limits the upload speeds I can get. I go from 20-30mb uploads on CrashPlan to 5-10. When uploading files as big as one terabyte, I am currently forced to manually turn the TOR settings on and off as needed on the router, which has basically become a PIA.

I have tried everything I possibly can within the NAS settings to limit the CrashPlan traffic to one of the specific ethernet ports, but unfortunately, this is not possible at this time. Similarly, I can not restrict the traffic I desire to be routed through TOR to a single ethernet port either. The best I can do is limit the desired TOR traffic to a port.

Is there any way at all to specify which port I want TOR traffic to be routed on?

If so, how? If not, is there any other solutions you can think of?

Thank you so much! I look forward to some help.

Is there any way at all to specify which port I want TOR traffic to be routed on?
Do you mean Ethernet port or TCP port? If you meant Ethernet port, then it could be done with a custom script. You want to redirect an entire VLAN interface through the Tor network. First you need to put the traffic on a separate VLAN.