What's new

Solved Asus router RT-88U SSD/HDD enclosure not recognised

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Metroguy

Occasional Visitor
hdd enclosure using jms578 chip is not recognised in the router. There is "no device" being shown . However when I use an older plextor from 10 years ago enclosure it works and gets mounted. The older one says "Asmt2015". The SSD I used is the same to test Any solutions?

Edit: managed to solve the issue... there is a separate USB 3.0 port on the router at the front . i connected to it... and now its working

Last edited:
Use a compatible enclosure.

this one is USB3.0 and this is main issue, very few 3.0 are working with Asus. Asus would need to add support for it if it even happen can take years

what you can try is to connect Active HUB USB2.0 between router and HDD but it is long shot

this one is USB3.0 and this is main issue, very few 3.0 are working with Asus. Asus would need to add support for it if it even happen can take years

what you can try is to connect Active HUB USB2.0 between router and HDD but it is long shot
hi there i managed to solve the issue... there is a separate USB 3.0 port on the router at the front . i connected to it... and now its working