What's new

Asus RT-AC3200 issues and impressions

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

How do you guys notice these *disconnects*? You are playing a Youtube clip on your smartphone and it suddenly stops.... then starts up again, assuming it went to another band, midstream?

I only notice when I wake up my phone and I see that it says that it just connected to my network. It's as if it's been disconnected and as soon as I unlock it, it reconnects.

I haven't noticed it on my PC yet. That's why I think that maybe when a device times out (such as a portable device), it's dropped off somehow. Someone with more technical knowledge then me may be able to figure it out.

Last edited:
Even though it's behaving oddly, I want to leave this feature on. Maybe it's working as intended. As long as it doesn't take long to reconnect, I see no reason to disable it. So far, reconnects have been nearly instant.

Even though it's behaving oddly, I want to leave this feature on. Maybe it's working as intended. As long as it doesn't take long to reconnect, I see no reason to disable it. So far, reconnects have been nearly instant.

Can you count on it NOTIFYING you when needed? The smartphone I mean, like when a Followed Tweet has been posted and your phone is locked etc....

Can you count on it NOTIFYING you when needed? The smartphone I mean, like when a Followed Tweet has been posted and your phone is locked etc....

It's really hard to say because when I manually disconnect Wi-Fi the phone connects to LTE so either way, it's connected to something when this is happening. I guess I could turn mobile data off sometime and test it? That would be interesting.

It's really hard to say because when I disconnect Wi-Fi the phone connects to LTE so either way, it's connected. I guess I could turn mobile data off sometime and test it? That would be interesting.

That's what I believed you had done! LOL

Yes, turn off LTE and just go wifi. :cool:

Gimme your text addy. LOL! ;) You have email Notifications ON for this Thread, amirite? :D

That's what I believed you had done! LOL

Yes, turn off LTE and just go wifi. :cool:

@Pulp. You seem very interested in this router judging from your many posts. Are you considering buying it ? ;)

@Pulp. You seem very interested in this router judging from your many posts. Are you considering buying it ? ;)

Finger on the trigger! Just awaiting a Canadian supplier. :D

Can Tomato or DD-WRT be installed in this router?

No. Unlikely to happen with Tomato, but DD-WRT will probably support it in the near future.

Also, just found out reading this thread about the ASUS Merlin custom firmware, how good is it compared to Tomato, DD-WRT?

Check my website, or the posts in the Asuswrt-Merlin subforum. Basically it's a tweaked version of Asuswrt, so don't expect many additional features. The RT-AC3200 isn't supported yet either.

Would it be correct to assume this device is based on the XStream block diagram like the one in the Netgear R8000 review?

Yes, this is also based on the Broadcom Xstream architecture.

I wonder what changes could be made here to adjust the affects of Smart Connect?

Attachments

• ScreenHunter_144 Jan. 29 21.21.jpg
    ScreenHunter_144 Jan. 29 21.21.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 667
Maybe check out Forums specific to your phone and search for RT-AC3200 or even start a new thread. :)

P.S. Turn LTE back on. :D

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!