What's new

ASUS RT-AC68U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.374.4561 is out

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Merlin since you chat with ASUS directly see if there a way they could make a test bios that I could put on my 68u that talks to the log on my 66u. I have the 66u in repeater mode if it was possible it could send diag info to it then the reboot issue may get sorted out quicker. I reboot at the least once a day.

That is precisely what they are looking into - trying to devise a way to collect more debugging information. That's not easy, since the router flats out reboot, and that info is usually only sent over the serial console. This is how the Linux kernel works, not something specific to their FW.

Just an FYI, I updated to this FW to get rid of a problem I had with losing my ssid setup on an ac66u. So Far 8 days of uptime and works great even get better throughput at the far reaches of my home. We generally have 20 devices connected at any one time, a mixture of apple windows etc. we are heavy bandwidth users which is how I ended up with this router as many others I tried just couldn't perform with that many simultaneous sessions running.

Different router. People are talking about the RT-AC68U, while you have an RT-AC66U.

Others
1. Fixed IE and Firefox compatibility issues.

Not for me. It actually introduced issues with IE11. That is what I'm getting now in IE. With Chrome everything is OK.
Any ideas?

Attachments

• Capture - Copy.JPG
    Capture - Copy.JPG
    63.1 KB · Views: 530
Others

Not for me. It actually introduced issues with IE11. That is what I'm getting now in IE. With Chrome everything is OK.
Any ideas?

Works fine with IE 11 on my end.

Clear cache in IE and reset all settings to default.

Others

Any ideas?

This usually happens if you have a client device on your network that has an invalid hostname, causing Javascript to break.

If you open the error console in Internet Explorer it should point you at the Javascript line that causes the issue. It might give you a hint as to which device name is invalid, if that's the cause of your problem.

The compatibility issue Asus was referring to was specific to the flashing warning message that didn't work properly on these two browsers.

This usually happens if you have a client device on your network that has an invalid hostname, causing Javascript to break....QUOTE]

A friend of mine prompted me to check if XML DOM Document add-on was enabled, it was not. After enabling it all works fine. Wondering when and how it got disabled. Not that I know what it is doing...:)

This usually happens if you have a client device on your network that has an invalid hostname, causing Javascript to break.

If you open the error console in Internet Explorer it should point you at the Javascript line that causes the issue. It might give you a hint as to which device name is invalid, if that's the cause of your problem.

The compatibility issue Asus was referring to was specific to the flashing warning message that didn't work properly on these two browsers.

Just curious: I'm having problem with safari on iPad. I can get into the web ui without no problem the first time. Whenever I try to reenter the web ui, I'm forced to clean the cache & cookies, otherwise I don't even get the prompt to enter user Id and password. Is it a known bug with iPad Safari!?

Inviato dal mio iPad utilizzando Tapatalk

Just curious: I'm having problem with safari on iPad. I can get into the web ui without no problem the first time. Whenever I try to reenter the web ui, I'm forced to clean the cache & cookies, otherwise I don't even get the prompt to enter user Id and password. Is it a known bug with iPad Safari!?

No idea. Safari does so many weird things that it wouldn't surprise me if it was an issue specific to it.

I was getting constant reboots with 4561. Since switching to Merlin's 40 beta 1, I have only had one reboot and that was when I tried to connect my Windows 8.1 Ultrabook to the 2.4GHz SSID.....which begs the question...Should I use different SSIDs for 2.4Ghz and 5GHz?

Separate SSIDs for 2.4GHz and 5GHz is highly recommended by those on this forum and other network enthusiasts. It's better to be in control of what band you are connecting to, than leaving it up to the adapter to decide.

Looks like my log and few other folks show the crash occured right after upnp was restarted. I'm disabling upnp and see if the random reboot goes away. The setting is on by default.

Just a small update. I haven't experienced a random reboot since I disabled UPNP on ac68r on the 27th when I posted the above message.

Asus should really revert to an older FW and put it out as a new version if finding a solution is going to be so difficult. 4561 is one of the worst FW for any IT device that I've ever used. It must really leave a bad taste in the mouths of new users that think they're doing the right thing by updating to the latest FW.

Merlin's 40 beta 1 has rebooted only twice for me in the last two days. Huge improvement over 4561 but it's still frustrating paying top dollar for the privilege of being an alpha tester for one of the most expensive home routers ever.

My USB-AC56 is having dropout problems as well which isn't helping my opinion of Asus right now. Ah well, at least my PCE-AC68 is working flawlessly.

Wonder if they could send some output out a port on the LAN and have an applet on a pc that collects the data, or redirect all log output to a USB stick plugged into one of the USB ports..

I notice that the CPU runs at 85C in a cool room with almost no load. Seems awfully high. Is that normal for these ARM processors?

I notice that the CPU runs at 85C in a cool room with almost no load. Seems awfully high. Is that normal for these ARM processors?

Yes. CPU is rated up to 130C, as per previous mentions on this forum. Temps in the mid-90s is normal.

I was one of the ones with plenty of reboots under 4432/4561.

Can confirm MErlin's 374_40.alpha4 is much more stable.

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!