What's new

Asus RT-AC68U v3.0.0.4.384.20942 2018/05/21

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I have a AiMesh setup with RT-AC86u main router and RT-AC68u as node. When I upload new firmware to AC68u, my network file transfer
speed drops 22MB/s to 4MB/s. So now I downgraded to previous version at the moment.

I have a AiMesh setup with RT-AC86u main router and RT-AC68u as node. When I upload new firmware to AC68u, my network file transfer
speed drops 22MB/s to 4MB/s. So now I downgraded to previous version at the moment.
try both 68U and 86U on 20942 now, works fine for me.

Only problem is 2,4G on 86U if I use 40MHz bandwith, than it goes down to even 1Mbps download (while upload is slower but almost ok 20Mbps).
20MHz is quite ok with 60Mbps, auto 20/40 doesnt use 40, same speed as 20.
And there is NO OTHER network around me!

Last edited:
Yup. I have an RT-AC3100 Router with two TM-AC68U's and one RT-AC68U Node flashed this morning with no issues thus far. I still have 3 nodes and they're all on 942 f/w as is the Router itself.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
You update automatically in the GUI? Or do you do individual nodes just in case? =P

This firmware is still crashing and rebooting in media bridge mode as reported back in 3.0.0.4.384.20624
While my routers aren't crashing AP clients are disconnecting often on AiMesh nodes. Ready to put the nodes on AP mode and let AiMesh go.

Good idea with a bad implementation I'm afraid.

While my routers aren't crashing AP clients are disconnecting often on AiMesh nodes. Ready to put the nodes on AP mode and let AiMesh go.

From my guess, the wifi driver in the 624+ firmwares is trying to resolve the issue where a wireless bridge appears as a wired device, however the way it is being done is extremely unstable as it is somehow faking the 2.4ghz radio so as to make use of broadcoms Bridged Client Mode (brcm-2.4 only)

try both 68U and 86U on 20942 now, works fine for me.

Only problem is 2,4G on 86U if I use 40MHz bandwith, than it goes down to evon 1Mbps download (while upload is slower but almost ok 20Mbps).
20MHz is quite ok with 60Mbps, auto 20/40 doesnt use 40, same speed as 20.
And there is NO OTHER network around me!

Already tried, just reverted 68u back and back to normal speeds now. I couldn't find route cause for this. I don't use 2.4G much, I do my tests with 5G, 80MHz.

For those seeing clients disconnecting repeatedly, try reducing or turning-off Roaming Assist for that band. The AiMesh firmware could be doing exactly what you told it to do = disconnecting when signal strength < threshold. Then the client re-connects to the best signal, which could be the same router/node.

For those seeing clients disconnecting repeatedly, try reducing or turning-off Roaming Assist for that band. The AiMesh firmware could be doing exactly what you told it to do = disconnecting when signal strength < threshold. Then the client re-connects to the best signal, which could be the same router/node.
Just disabled it. I'll report back either way.

So with this disabled will mobile devices no longer be steered to the best router but devices connected in Bridge mode style not get dropped?

If this is the case, what's the point of AiMesh? I may as well just set the modes up as bridges..

won't do zot, the Router (AC88U) isn't the one bumping the bridge(68U) off, just changing the bridges firmware resolves it
In my case, the bridges aren't getting dropped but their client's are. All routers on 942 f/w BTW.

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!